Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 09-22-2020, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Monitoring through input on Print Track vs Master Fader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyellen View Post
I ended up redoing my template for other reasons and implemented the MASTER FADERS this time. We'll see how it goes.
Basic thing I hope you are aware of; You don't really need to have a master fader. A master fader in PT is a way to see, and control, the specific output that it controls. Tracks play thru their assigned outputs whether there's a master track for it or not.

Another thing; tracks can have more than one output destination. IIRC, it's CTRL mod key on mac, and you can send a track to many places.

My typical session setup would be; all tracks go to a AUX acting as a master, and I would send the output of it to both my main output - and to a print track. Just a suggestion. Ways to skan a cat.
Old 09-24-2020, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Monitoring through input on Print Track vs Master Fader

That's exactly how my template has been setup for years as well. I was curious about a comment made in the video I mentioned in my original post is all.
Mac 2010 3.46 GHz 6 Core

Thanks,
Jeff Yellen
ridgelinesound.com