Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Pro Tools MP9 does not load

Hi. Yes I've read Help us help you. I've searched the forums. This is a software, not a hardware problem, though it ?coincides? with new hardware. Here's the story: Running Protools MP9 no problem for about 9 months with fast track c400, purchased copy, etc. Windows 7, 64 bit, I DO use this computer for other things (games, word processing, etc). My fast track got stoeln out of my car, so I purchased a new fast track from AMS that came bundled with Protools SE. I didn't install anything, just plugged the new hardware straight in, thinking that it was identical and should work. I used the same USB port that I had been using for my old Fast Track. Pro Tools loaded the little square black and purple screen, but got stuck on the first part of "loading ProTools." It still does that, and I leave it for at least five minutes and its in the same place. I've tried it with the hardware connected or disconnected, it makes no difference. However, if I unplug the iLok, it notices that it is missing and doesn't even get to the Purple and black screen. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers, Pro Tools, deleted the preferences, done everything it says on Help us Help You, ran it as an administrator, I don't have IE8, disabled start up programs, etc. I haven't disabled my WiFi USB thingy (but it worked before with that just fine)

The only thing that is different on my computer since protools last worked (other than gettting a new identical piece of hardware, but again, i have the same issue with or without the hardware) is that I installed (and then uninstalled) an HFS reader for PC, so that I could get a ProTools project off of a Mac formatted drive. What do I do? please help. The only thing that keeps me sane is the ability to record, and it sucks to pay money for a legit program and then not have it work.