How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 08:43 AM

Default \"Display Mode\" ??

Hi
I searched for a manual on line but could not find it on the website so apologies in advance.

I use ProControl in my room and to the left of the scribble strip there is a Display Mode button to change track display on the control surface.

Where do I find that same function on the C24?
I'm asking for a friend who has a C24 and can't seem to find how to get out of seeing delta change when he moves faders.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 10:06 AM

Default Re: \"Display Mode\" ??

Hi Rob!

Please forgive me as well as I'm confused. Please don't take this personally as this is common for me, OK? I use both consoles, and I have not used the display button on the Pro Control in a LONG TIME, if ever, as I only operate that board once in a while nowadays. By "display" do you mean you're looking for a button that would allow you to set you views on screen to let's say, show inputs, sends, and inserts, but not comments? If that is so, I don't know of one on this surface at this time.

Or, is this a button that would transfer you to different views, to perhaps, use faders for other operations like raising or lowering send levels, or inserts, i.e. the flip and assign buttons on the C-24 above the faders? Or, perhaps are you simply referring to an edit/mix view switch, which would be to the right of the faders on the C-24 in the 'Window" buttons menu?

Again, my apologies if I am totally off base here. I am as interested in what this function is now, just as much as you are in finding the right "button" for this function on the Control 24. Hope this isn't a waste of time for you.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:17 PM

I believe what you're looking for is also on the left of the scribble strip on the C24. Show Values, Show Channel Names, etc.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Hi Rob!

Please forgive me as well as I'm confused. Please don't take this personally as this is common for me, OK? I use both consoles, and I have not used the display button on the Pro Control in a LONG TIME, if ever, as I only operate that board once in a while nowadays. By "display" do you mean you're looking for a button that would allow you to set you views on screen to let's say, show inputs, sends, and inserts, but not comments? If that is so, I don't know of one on this surface at this time.

Or, is this a button that would transfer you to different views, to perhaps, use faders for other operations like raising or lowering send levels, or inserts, i.e. the flip and assign buttons on the C-24 above the faders? Or, perhaps are you simply referring to an edit/mix view switch, which would be to the right of the faders on the C-24 in the 'Window" buttons menu?

Again, my apologies if I am totally off base here. I am as interested in what this function is now, just as much as you are in finding the right "button" for this function on the Control 24. Hope this isn't a waste of time for you.
thanks guys

On the PC Display Mode button gives you I think 7 different views just above the fader: full name, trk#/name, name/delta change etc.
I think it's what Mario is talking about.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 PM

On the PC Display Mode button gives you I think 7 different views just above the fader: full name, trk#/name, name/delta change etc.
I think it's what Mario is talking about.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah! Duhhhh! I guess that shows you how much I use that! Funny, I used to have some use for it when I had the first HUI. Glad you got your answer Rob! Scott