Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 AM

Default No guitar input with eleven rack connected to interface

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you could help me with a problem I've been having. I'm new to PT and I have a guitar amp simulator called Eleven going into my interface VIA spdif. I've used this video to help me rout the hardware together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0DRUGqfQ8o
So, based on this video, I *should* have everything connected properly. Now I'm moving on to setting up the ins and outs VIA the software, and I've used this video to show me how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICzu75EZjkQ
Now the problem. In the SECOND video, at 0:44, he's getting input when he record-arms the track. That is where I am lost. I get no input, and no sound when I record arm the guitar track. This leads me to believe I have a problem with how my inputs and outputs are set up. I've posted the screenshots here, as they look cryptic to me and I was hoping if you guys could take a look and see if they look ok:

Old 07-20-2015, 12:20 PM

Default Re: No guitar input with eleven rack connected to interface

I just wanted to say that I figured it out.

I'm new to PT so I didn't know the layout very well.
It started working after I changed the hardware setup page to SPDIF