Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2003, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Wanna help me? read question 1, Wanna good laugh? read question 2

Quote:
Originally posted by PRS4LIFE:
1. 90% of the time i boot up my computer, ill get some kind of error and ill have to restart it and then itll fine. Maybe sometimes ill have to reboot it a couple times. Is this a motherboard or hard drive issue?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i am not a computer tech, but i would

check irq's

if this is not the problem then
run scandisk/defrag on the system drive

re-load the O.S.

try a new hard drive
Old 04-14-2003, 01:48 PM

For item #1

Start Menu->Run-> Type in msconfig and hit OK, Check selective startup, check the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, press Disable All, go to the Startup tab and press Disable All... press OK then restart your PC and see if you still crash on startup.. if NO.. then start adding Startup or Service items until you find the culprit.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-14-2003, 04:51 PM

Alright guys, thank you...i will try that.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:26 PM

Be aware also that the software faders in the PT application Mix and Edit windows do NOTHING to trim the actual input levels. The only things that do that are the I/O adjusting faders and whatever hardware pots your version of Digi product may have (such as physical pots in the 001 or faders in the 002).

This is why I've been advised to set the faders to Pre-Fader for recording and post-fader for mixing.

But then again, it seems to be 'everything you know is wrong' week here on the DUC, so... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2003, 06:14 PM

What is the error?
Old 04-14-2003, 06:31 PM

its the error that comes up that has the blue screen, then it says a bunch something i cant remember what... and then it has something like this... 0000x0385x-00093x towards the middle of the screen...when it comes up again ill post it exactly as it is.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:25 AM

Default Wanna help me? read question 1, Wanna good laugh? read question 2

1. 90% of the time i boot up my computer, ill get some kind of error and ill have to restart it and then itll fine. Maybe sometimes ill have to reboot it a couple times. Is this a motherboard or hard drive issue?

2. Ok Im sorry if i seem really dumb on this question, but im just curious. Are the meters on the tracks displaying the input or the output of the signal, NOW STOP LAUGHING AND HEAR ME OUT. I know common sense tells you that they are displaying the output. BUT, when you pull the fader down, the meter still displays some sort of signal(obviously when you have audio going at that time). You would think that if it was displaying the output, then the meter would show no signal when you have the fader turned all the way down. I hope I gave everyone a good laugh. Take Care! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 12:29 AM

When your track is record armed.. then the meters show input metering.

When the track is not record armed, it shows output metering.

There is an option in the Operations menu for either PRE or POST fader metering.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••