Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2004, 10:09 AM

Default Few Noob Question.

I got a few basic questions that I need some help on.

1. Lets say im working on a session. I do the select unused/clear/remove "not delete" command on Audio Files that im not using on the session. Then I save session/quit pt. Would it be okay to manually delete the unused audio files from the session folder?

2. All my sessions are on my external HD. Would moving the Session Folder "by dragging" to different locations on that same external HD do any harm to my session?

3. Is it ok to delete the backup sessions from the session file backup folders?

Any help would be appreciated thanks guys.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Few Noob Question.

Quote:
1. Lets say im working on a session. I do the select unused/clear/remove "not delete" command on Audio Files that im not using on the session. Then I save session/quit pt. Would it be okay to manually delete the unused audio files from the session folder?

That way you can manually delete since the files are no longer being referenced. If you just removed the regions from the playlist and not from the Regions menu, you will get an error saying it cannot find the region
Quote:
. All my sessions are on my external HD. Would moving the Session Folder "by dragging" to different locations on that same external HD do any harm to my session?

This will force you to relink all the files afterwards when you reopen the session. Major PITA. You should use Save Session Copy In command to the new location and then delete the old session.
Quote:
3. Is it ok to delete the backup sessions from the session file backup folders?

Yes. New ones will be generated if the auto-backup feature is enabled.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 10-10-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Few Noob Question.

Thank you very much.