Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-01-2020, 09:16 PM

Default NI Komplete 13 announced

So NI have announced Komplete 13. Looks pretty sick. Especially for someone like me who's still on v9.

Just wondering if anyone is thinking of getting it..?

SPL Crimson

Mac Catalina 10.15.5
Mac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)
3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Old 09-02-2020, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Kontakt 13

What happened to Kontakt 7-12? =P

I think you mean Komplete 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2020, 08:29 AM

Well I am a user since v8 and have so far upgraded to every single release...not really sure why, but why break with tradition... So yeah; I personally am getting the upgrade to KOMPLETE 13 ULTIMATE Collector's Edition.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:22 AM

We have KU12CE and a few of the new VI that of course came out 2 weeks after KU12 was dropped so we good! Nothing interesting in NI K13 or KU13 and $399 which is $548 in sweden for update is insanity! We use Maybe 7-8 of all those VI and the plugins are crap so mostly wasted money.

PS. Fixed the thread title and name in OP’s first post to reflect the correct NI product

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-02-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We have KU12CE and a few of the new VI that of course came out 2 weeks after KU12 was dropped so we good! Nothing interesting in NI K13 or KU13 and $399 which is $548 in sweden for update is insanity! We use Maybe 7-8 of all those VI and the plugins are crap so mostly wasted money.

PS. Fixed the thread title and name in OP’s first post to reflect the correct NI product
Not biting on this one. The only thing that looks updated is Guitar Rig. They still haven't updated Absynth 5 or FM8 and Massive - unless you have a newer than old cheesegrater you can't run Massive X. A lot of the 'new' stuff are actually libraries that run in Kontakt. So when they say there's new instruments take that with a large grain of salt.

QAPLA!
Old 09-02-2020, 12:28 PM

Default Re: NI Komplete 13 announced

It's been about two years -- maybe longer -- since they last offered anything new to entice me to upgrade. I did a quick scan of the products and didn't feel the urge this time either. Maybe if user feedback is positive I'll take the plunge.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
It's been about two years -- maybe longer -- since they last offered anything new to entice me to upgrade. I did a quick scan of the products and didn't feel the urge this time either. Maybe if user feedback is positive I'll take the plunge.
I'll take the plunge when they fix FM8 and Massive not losing their links to their patches and update Absynth 5.

QAPLA!
Old 09-02-2020, 07:12 PM

Since it is the same upgrade pricing from KU9 to KU12 and KU12 I would upgrade if We had 9 or 10 but not for the same 400 USD from KU12 so will let this one be.

We have massive x and all the guitar VI added ourselves and one VI called Super8 which is really cool but seeing there are the same drums, Strings, synths etc we have all but 10 at the most that was added from KU12 to KU13 and Jack (Musicman691) and a few others had this discussion a while back when someone asked what VI bundle was best bang for the buck and I realized that we actually only use like 10-15% of the whole ultimate 12 bundle so getting a 400 dollar upgrade with even more VI and samples we donr use is not good business hehe

we use Arturia V7 the most and just added a few new hardware synths this summer and bought The Novation Summit, Prophet Rev2, Moog Subsequent 37 and ASM Hydrasynth which are synths we been drooling over for a while and now pulled the trigger. By adding them to our old analog synth gesr we have all we would ever need.

A fun tip for those who use HW Synths, I found a super cool pedal to use called Strymon Big Sky and it adds like voices and atmospheric reverbs that are super lush and impressive which makes the moog synths and other synths without great built in effects sound like a million bucks. Wirks great for VI and Komplete stuff too.

Just a tip - Get a Strymon Big Sky. If you wanna add amazing effects to hardware synths. Not the Blue Sky as it is a much simpler unit and sounds nothing alike.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2020, 10:47 PM

Strymon is making the best pedals on the market. There's real magic coming from their shop.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Strymon is making the best pedals on the market. There's real magic coming from their shop.
Thank You Eric for picking that up. We have debated if we should get a Eventide Space, Boss RV-500 or Stymon Big Sky and we heard the Strymon and felt it was gonna be the right pedal for us. Have the Eventide H8000 which covers the Eventide sounds so ordered the Big Sky a few hours ago.

Thanks again for the post Eric. You and a few other members have said the same and made our minds up with that info.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————