Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 08:33 AM

Default Time for a change in the company management.

This is not a flame, but an actual opinion based on the company success and failures and the continuing downfall of the stocks.

The company's stock are at their lowest, they respond by laying off an additional 200 people all across the board, except for marketing which is partly the reason why the company is in this trouble.

Yet you have Greenfield that still has a 2M yearly salary, that is equivalent to about 50 employees (at 50 k each). But the problem is not the employee, the problem is that the customer do not trust the management of Avid any longer, which means the customers do not trust Greenfield and his team.

Just look at the recent decisions that brought multiple out roar across the entire avid user base, not just the audio division.

If Greenfield had truly the industry at heart, the avid employees at heart, and the customers at heart, he'd retire or at the very least quit his position at avid.

At this point the only way that the stocks will go up, is if a major restructuring of the management is done, IE ceo and a few others leave or get fired. So that the customers can finally have faith in the company again and start to translate by supporting the company financially once again, bringing up the sales which would bring up the stock.

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...nt./85813-3779

Wave-T.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Time for a change in the company management.

This has my vote and agreement.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 AM

It does seem really ironic that Avid puts out PT10 with a huge price increase especially for upgraders and then cuts loose 200 employees? All so Greenfield can up his compensation package?

QAPLA!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
It does seem really ironic that Avid puts out PT10 with a huge price increase especially for upgraders and then cuts loose 200 employees? All so Greenfield can up his compensation package?
It does, so translate that into a vote

IF this gets to #1 and Avid is truly listening as they claim, we "should" see some changes.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM

A greedy CEO that ruins his company by alienating a longstanding customer base just so he can line his pockets. Where have I heard this before?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM

You will not be able to attract good and seasoned executives with less pay than that.

Management is not the only ones to blame for the current situation at Avid. You need to consider external trends, like home based musicians and producers coming out of low budget practices and using the likes of Cubase and Logic, sometime even pirated.

Software as a whole is on the decline (as is the music business in general).

People in general are getting used less and less to actually buy what they consume and expect it to be delivered for free. You see it in pirated software copies, in movies and music downloaded in Torrents as well as news.

So much of the online commerce is moving towards ad supported business that it is truly a miracle some software gets bought after all....

This is by no means an opinion to relieve Avid management from its responsibility to properly cope with the situation, but one should consider the whole picture in which Avid operates.

Erez
Old 10-28-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomper View Post
You will not be able to attract good and seasoned executives with less pay than that.

Management is not the only ones to blame for the current situation at Avid. You need to consider external trends, like home based musicians and producers coming out of low budget practices and using the likes of Cubase and Logic, sometime even pirated.

Software as a whole is on the decline (as is the music business in general).

People in general are getting used less and less to actually buy what they consume and expect it to be delivered for free. You see it in pirated software copies, in movies and music downloaded in Torrents as well as news.

So much of the online commerce is moving towards ad supported business that it is truly a miracle some software gets bought after all....

This is by no means an opinion to relieve Avid management from its responsibility to properly cope with the situation, but one should consider the whole picture in which Avid operates.

Erez
In some parts I agree, but this is where I don't. Avid (for the audio side) Is not just a software company but really more a hardware company. Just look at the number of investments they have made to buy out hardware firms. M-audio, Euphonix, and others.

So even though there's a lot of people going up to grab other daws, which is true, the main bread and butter of Avid for the audio, has always been the sales of hardware. Now how can someone commit to buying hardware if they don't trust the company direction and even worst, survival as they look at the downfall of the their stock price? Which is not just brought by the audio division, but decisions throughout the company.

And yes, we wont attrack many good ceo's if the salary drop, but I think that at this point, an other ceo and team is needed. Salary drop or not.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post

IF this gets to #1 and Avid is truly listening as they claim, we "should" see some changes.
Their stock is now at $6.50.. I think that if it gets much lower we might see that anyways..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Their stock is now at $6.50.. I think that if it gets much lower we might see that anyways..
Well we might, but a little more push in the right direction is never wrong.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post

Already voted a little while ago.

QAPLA!