Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 08-25-2017, 08:53 AM

Default DAW Sound Vs Desktop

Pls I need your advice ,I discovered that my sound always different after bouncing to my hard drive from DAW . My masters are not the same after bouncing it's reduced in quality like low end is cut off or not heavy like it's was in DAW ,Pls want can I do. Thanks in advance.

My systems

Mbox 3 pro
Core i5 Intel processors 3.2 .
6G Ram
Window 7

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 09:37 AM

Default DAW Sound Vs Desktop

You don't tell us anything useful like what format you are bouncing to and how exactly you are comparing things.

You sure you are bouncing the main output, not the wrong bus or track?

What are you listening back to the bounce with? What software/player, and on the identical Mbox and monitors (or headphones) Pro Tools is using? At the same SPL? How do you know?

When you reimport the bounce into the same Pro Tools session and play it there what does that sound like. Don't have plugins on the master fader you use there (you should not anyhow). You can easily set up A/B test there. If that is different you likely bounced the wrong source, if the same then your issue will be something outside of Pro Tools, you need to experiment to find what that is. Playback software with volume limiters and EQ is an obvious thing to avoid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 01:23 AM

Default Re: DAW Sound Vs Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You don't tell us anything useful like what format you are bouncing to and how exactly you are comparing things.

You sure you are bouncing the main output, not the wrong bus or track?

What are you listening back to the bounce with? What software/player, and on the identical Mbox and monitors (or headphones) Pro Tools is using? At the same SPL? How do you know?

When you reimport the bounce into the same Pro Tools session and play it there what does that sound like. Don't have plugins on the master fader you use there (you should not anyhow). You can easily set up A/B test there. If that is different you likely bounced the wrong source, if the same then your issue will be something outside of Pro Tools, you need to experiment to find what that is. Playback software with volume limiters and EQ is an obvious thing to avoid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Than you for your response, I used Pro tools 8 and am bouncing to wav ,I used M Audio BX8a monitor ,and i play it back with windows media from my desktop. Also I have plug-ins on my master fader L1 Limiter,S1 imager, L3Mitmxmzr,Eq .
My Audio interface is Mbox 3 Pro.
Please help me out i think am doing somethings wrong. Thank you .

Old 08-26-2017, 02:15 AM

I've already suggested several things you should look at.

Are you bouncing the main output? Did you check that?

Reimportaing the bounce into the session and playing from there. Did you try that?

Not using players with EQ etc. You are using Windows Media Player... did you check all the settings in that.

You need to make sure you are comparing stuff at the same SPL, as I also pointed out before. So get that into a Pro Tools session makes that easy. Elsewhere it's harder. But things like calibrating output levels with an SPL meter can help.... but no don't bother now, this will be something simple you are doing wrong.

I pointed out you should not be putting plugins on the master fader, thats not directly relevant here, but it's bad practice you should change anyhow. You can Google that question and find out why you should be putting plugins on an aux track before the master fader (OK I'll get you started it's because on a master fader plugins are after the fader, think/read why that's a bad idea).
Old 08-26-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I've already suggested several things you should look at.

Are you bouncing the main output? Did you check that?

Reimportaing the bounce into the session and playing from there. Did you try that?

Not using players with EQ etc. You are using Windows Media Player... did you check all the settings in that.

You need to make sure you are comparing stuff at the same SPL, as I also pointed out before. So get that into a Pro Tools session makes that easy. Elsewhere it's harder. But things like calibrating output levels with an SPL meter can help.... but no don't bother now, this will be something simple you are doing wrong.

I pointed out you should not be putting plugins on the master fader, thats not directly relevant here, but it's bad practice you should change anyhow. You can Google that question and find out why you should be putting plugins on an aux track before the master fader (OK I'll get you started it's because on a master fader plugins are after the fader, think/read why that's a bad idea).
Thank you such bro,I really appreciate your concern ,Am not going to put plug-ins in master fader again,also I have done the comparison you asked me to ,I discovered they sound the same expect the one I changed the bit Depth from 24bit to 16bit only changed. Pls one more thing doesn't that means I can only put plug-ins on Aux alone? What of insert of those channels? .you know we were brought up here different so Pls I need more enlightenment on where to put plug-ins, insert, Aux, groups ? Also what is SPL Meaning pls.thank you.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:41 AM

Also am bouncing to main output that's my analog 1-2 stereo output.