How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-24-2019, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Thank you, I had it scheduled for March 31st but if it helps someone else get it today while the sale is on...

https://youtu.be/IQMc9Fe0i18

I'm almost sure there are more differences or reasons to get both that I don't know yet but this surely was enough for me.
Thanks for the video. You do know the digital V3 also does regular L/R eq work right? It's not just a M/S eq.

QAPLA!
Old 03-24-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Thanks for the video. You do know the digital V3 also does regular L/R eq work right? It's not just a M/S eq.
I was thinking about that, I haven't checked the mix versions of the plugins. Does any of those do separate L and R eq or is there anything I missed on the main interface?
Edit. I just saw this, I'll have to change the description when I'm in the computer and have checked the other versions

Last edited by amagras; 03-24-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about that, I haven't checked the mix versions of the plugins. Does any of those do separate L and R eq or is there anything I missed on the main interface?
The mix versions are a simplified interface that only shows one set of controls hence they can't do separate left and right eq (they don't have a link button). The neat thing with the mastering version of both eq's is they can separately link each eq band L & R in addition to linking every band on both sides with one button like most every other eq.

QAPLA!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The mix versions are a simplified interface that only shows one set of controls hence they can't do separate left and right eq (they don't have a link button). The neat thing with the mastering version of both eq's is they can separately link each eq band L & R in addition to linking every band on both sides with one button like most every other eq.
Thanks for this. Back to the beginning of the conversation, it looks like you are right, you don't need hybrid that much if you have digital (see the edit to my post above) I can't check more now as I'm AFK... gosh, I sound like CNN

Last edited by amagras; 03-24-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:34 PM

I couldn't sleep so I made a second part, hopefully I'm not making things worst
https://youtu.be/G2gBOzreNxk
Would love to hear what you think Jack!
Old 03-25-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks for this. Back to the beginning of the conversation, it looks like you are right, you don't need hybrid that much if you have digital (see the edit to my post above) I can't check more now as I'm AFK... gosh, I sound like CNN
Please - not that (the CNN part).
Quote:
I couldn't sleep so I made a second part, hopefully I'm not making things worst
https://youtu.be/G2gBOzreNxk
Would love to hear what you think Jack!
Looks good. I like you included a couple more of the major differences between the two eq's. The gain scale is control genius on their part for digital V3. This is one plugin where reading the manual really helps one to get everything out of the plugin that it's capable of.

Said it before and I'll say it again - your videos get right to the point and are so much clearer than a lot of what I see out there.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Please - not that (the CNN part).
True, sry too much Twitter later
Quote:
Looks good. I like you included a couple more of the major differences between the two eq's. The gain scale is control genius on their part for digital V3. This is one plugin where reading the manual really helps one to get everything out of the plugin that it's capable of.

Said it before and I'll say it again - your videos get right to the point and are so much clearer than a lot of what I see out there.
I have to admit I've been scared by this plugin all the time and contrary to my usual practice I've only read part of the manual. I struggle understanding things the way they usually are explained, that's why you find the videos different, especially because even though the views and likes are rewarding the main reason I make them is to store what I've learned in a way I can easily recall anytime. Also, having my music constantly heard and judged on a daily basis has helped my improve my mixing skills more than anything else I've tried. I appreciate your patience and help on this a lot Jack!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 AM

Holy cow Batman, Masterdesk is $69 today

That's tempting...

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-25-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Holy cow Batman, Masterdesk is $69 today

That's tempting...
Got better things to spend my voucher money on than this. My master chain is already set at elysia alpha compressor and Dangerous Bax eq and that's it. If something needs correlation correction at that stage I'll substitute the SPL Passeq for the Bax. What I don't like about the Masterdesk is no real controls on the compressor.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:11 AM

I have TG Mastering Chain, is this something similar?