Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 02-20-2018, 07:55 AM

Default What's up with Plugin Alliance?

Not wanting to pile on to the pick pack thread so I'm starting another one for PIA. Dirk announced two new plugins via Facebook but also seen on GS: Brainworx bx_2098 EQ which is an emulation of the Amek 9098 and Brainworx bx_delay 2500. Supposedly out sometime today. That's cool.

What's not cool is a couple of things that have just happened. For a few weeks now they've had an installation manager utility which could be used to download and update your plugins. You still had the ability to get individual downloads for your plugins from the product page. This has gone away so unless you have the installers saved off somewheres you have to deal with the IM.

The other thing that is not cool is one can longer dowmload the pdf manuals separately from the PIA site. However you can still get them via a Google search but you have to use the full product name like 'Brainworx bx_console E manual' as a search term.

And nothing concrete on further reduced price sales where one can use one's voucher. Got one waiting to be used but there was only the one sale from the 9th to the 11th of this month.

QAPLA!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:00 AM

Default Re: What's up with Plugin Alliance?

Update:
Dirk just posted over on GS that the individual installers going missing is a recent bug and that they will be back. No word yet on the pdf manual downloads coming back or not.

QAPLA!
Old 02-23-2018, 07:55 AM

Still have my voucher too... There's usually multiple sale periods, guess not this month.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 02-23-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Still have my voucher too... There's usually multiple sale periods, guess not this month.
Same here. Highly disappointed because there really wasn't anything in the one we did get to select from that I wanted or needed. I think there's something really weird going on at PIA. I mean Dirk has posted over on GS that the individual plugin downloads disappearing was a bug in their system and that they'd be back. That was early this week and it's been crickets since. Dirk also posted that the flash sales weren't going away either.

Combine all that with credit card being the only way to pay for the pick pack with PayPal supposedly coming in the unknown future it's looks like major changes are afoot that aren't business as usual.

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2018, 02:14 PM

Is there any reason not to take Dirk on his word? I've never met him, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Most of the stuff you are experience is probably just the result of everyone at Plugin Alliance focusing on getting the PickPack up on the site and out into the world.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:28 PM

Exactly. Give them a minute to get sorted. They’re not a huge company.

Look at the amount of crap AVID keeps doing and they’re a massive company.

If in a couple of months it’s still the same, then I’d start to worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Is there any reason not to take Dirk on his word? I've never met him, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Most of the stuff you are experience is probably just the result of everyone at Plugin Alliance focusing on getting the PickPack up on the site and out into the world.
If it truly is a matter of getting squeezed for time & effort with getting pickpack up and running that's one thing but at the beginning of the year Dirk mentioned about new stuff coming son they've had the time to get this sorted. To call it a bug that the individual downloads have disappeared (and have just come back the last 2 days) to me says they may not have all the expertise or manpower needed to keep things running smoothly.

To whit: when they had the I think it was the December 2017 flash sales PIA neglected to inform purchasers that the multiple buy discount was not in force for that sale. I only found out when I emailed their support people - not word one was ever said on the site. Several people here had posted words to the effect they weren't getting the usual discounts at that time.

They only had ONE flash sale this month and I'm sure I'm not the only one who still has their voucher and didn't use it because they thought cool discounts were coming (or that PIA would follow past history and bring back previous sales from that month).

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Exactly. Give them a minute to get sorted. They’re not a huge company.

Look at the amount of crap AVID keeps doing and they’re a massive company.

If in a couple of months it’s still the same, then I’d start to worry.

Yeah and I've got a voucher sitting unused waiting for them to sort their stuff.

QAPLA!
Old 02-28-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Yeah and I've got a voucher sitting unused waiting for them to sort their stuff.

A voucher that you get for free very month for doing nothing but being a past customer.

Perspective.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
A voucher that you get for free very month for doing nothing but being a past customer.

Perspective.

Perspective has nothing to do with this. It's all about history with PIA. They have in the past had multiple flash sales per month and this month there was exactly one. You don't get the voucher for free but based on what one spends and to get one to spend money you need to entice people with good cut prices and this month there's been no such continued enticement.

QAPLA!