Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2008, 03:03 PM

Default Please help! - problem with DigiBase/Workspace catalogs

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me where Pro Tools saves the data when I make a catalog of a sound library within the workspace browser? I have an extensive library, DV Toolkit 2, and am on 7.4 LE on Mac OS X.4. My problem is that using the same library on a system at the school campus, the IT admin has a script that logs users off after one hour of inactivity, and any log off wipes out preferences and user data. So I can spend all day building a catalog, but when I leave and come back the next day it's gone. If I could save the file Pro Tools saves the information in and just copy it over each time I log in it would save me countless hours in post.

Pro Tools gurus - please help me if you can!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-15-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Please help! - problem with DigiBase/Workspace catalogs

Mike, either read 'Relinking and Aliases in Catalogs' or open Catalog, select the items to relink and select 'Relink Selected'.

filosofem
Old 09-16-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Mike, either read 'Relinking and Aliases in Catalogs' or open Catalog, select the items to relink and select 'Relink Selected'.

filosofem
The problem with this is there is nothing there to relink. You see, the administrative script deletes whatever information is stored in Pro Tools. In fact, each time I log onto my machine and launch Pro Tools now, I get the message from the Mac about it being the first time launching the application.

I really need to know what file(s) the info for the catalogs is stored in so that I can save a copy to a backup drive or usb key that I can keep and reload the next time I use the system.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 PM

Mike, in Windows (Right-click Catalog) there's a function 'Reveal in Explorer', OS X might be 'Reveal in Browser' this will take you to the direct 'Aliases' directory where you can copy to removable devices.

filosofem
Old 09-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Mike, in Windows (Right-click Catalog) there's a function 'Reveal in Explorer', OS X might be 'Reveal in Browser' this will take you to the direct 'Aliases' directory where you can copy to removable devices.

filosofem
Awesome! Thank you!