Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Bad behavior of Touch automation Mode

A friend of mine and i both have exactly the same problem regarding writing automation in Touch Mode.

The parameter being automated constantly wants to jump back to the previous graph position. It's like PT doesn't see that i am still holding down the mouse button. When i stop moving the parameter but keep the mousebutton pressed the Automatch Time kicks in and the parameter moves back to the previous written automation.

It has this behavior in all plugins but only in Touch mode as far as i can tell right now. Sometimes the red preview automation line won't even appear when starting playback in Touch mode.

Because that friend of mine has exactly the same situation i reckon it is a bug in 7.4. Is anyone also able to generate this problem? I'm running 7.4cs2 on an Intel Mac Pro with OS X 10.4.10.

I have searched for a thread on this but haven't been able to find one.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Bad behavior of Touch automation Mode

BUMP

Is there really no one that has the same problem?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Bad behavior of Touch automation Mode

Please, is there no one that has tried to see whether this is a bug or if it's just my friend and me that happen to have the exact same problem?

I have tried a lot of basic things like throwing away databases and prefs et cetera but to no avail. The 'bug' is still there. Automation in Touch mode doesn't work like it's supposed to do (see explanation in first post). This is a new problem since updating to 7.4.

Anyone willing to test it on a Mac (Pro) for me? If it is a bug i can stop searching for solutions and live with it 'til an update arrives.

Thanks in advance.