Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-24-2003, 07:13 AM

Default HELP WITH MBOX PLEASE!!!!!! URGENT URGENT .......

Just got one of these to use on stage with some tracks for this weekend and my tracks won't load . I get an error message saying my drives are "Not an Audio Playback Volume".I.m using a Mac g4 titanium laptop 667 mhz with 512 mb ram .I tried loading the files to different drives I have . I even tried using it with those from my TDM rig and get the same error message. Just to be sure I installed Logic Platinum 5 imported the audio files and it worked even with the audio files streaming from the system disk. I want to use the MBox because protools is what I'm used to using . Help please.
Yah
Old 05-24-2003, 08:05 AM

Default Re: HELP WITH MBOX PLEASE!!!!!! URGENT URGENT .......

Are you using Pro Tools 5.1 or 6? I'm assuming 6. Here are the hard drive requirements from Digi.

Minimum speed of 7200 RPM & average seek time of less than 10.0ms

For 24-32 tracks, drives must be dedicated for audio (internal or external)

Drive must be dedicated for audio. Note: Boot drives may be used for audio tracks, however performance/track count may vary.

Mac OS file system: Mac OS Standard (HFS) or Mac OS Extended (HFS+)

Mac OS Extended (HFS+) recommended

Those last two are important.

Good Luck.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:51 AM

If you are using Pro Tools 6, launch it and go to the "Windows" menu and select "Show Workspace", a browser comes up that shows you all your partitions and additional hard drives. You will notice that there are two columns called "A" and "V" next to the hard drives column, these letters stand for Audio and Video. Your selected drive must have under the "A" column a letter "R", which stands for record and playback. If your selected drive doesn't have the "R", assign it by clicking on the empty space. There are other two letters: "P" which only let's the drive playback files, and "T" which stands for transfer (this is assigned to CDs). You can also read the PDF manual called Digi Base Guide where this is covered. The manuals are located in your Digidesign folder.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:36 PM

I'm having the same problem!!!
I went to the workspace and tried to change the "T" to "R" and received the following message:

""Macintosh HD" cannot be designated as an Audio Recorder because it is not a valid audio volume"

I ran Disk Utility, uninstalled and reinstalled pro tools and still nothing. I'm going crazy!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Administrator

You might try updating to Mac OS 10.2.5 or 10.2.6 if you are on 10.2.3 or 10.2.4. I saw a thread where that solved a similar problem for another user, not sure why.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:48 PM

I'm on 10.2.6 already. I have tried on 6.0 and 6.01 and have had no luck. I don't know what else to do.

Help???
Old 05-25-2003, 05:36 AM

Thanks Guys after designating which disk is playback it worked but only after I rebooted. Rehearsal was great last night ..... still gonna have logic on standby for tonights show though (once I get an error message scary things start going through my mind).
Yah
Old 05-25-2003, 05:30 PM

Anybody have any help for me??? This is soooo frustrating being that I did everything suggested here and in the answerbase and I'm still having the same problem. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Anyone?