Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 05-16-2020, 04:17 AM

Default Default bounce folder

Running w10 an PT ultimate. Everytime i go to bounce for the first time with a new session, PT selects some old session folder and the name of that session. (same one every time). Not sure why it does this. It would be ideal if the default was the name of the current session i've created and the current session bounce folder. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to set this as default? Is this a windows issue or a PT issue? Or a user issue :)?
Old 05-16-2020, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Default bounce folder

PT Issue AFAIK.

In my Templates I have bounce format and location set by "bouncing out" a blank section to a location with the format I want - Wave or MP3 - then resaving the Template. For example, Auditions would be 16/44.1 MP3 and go to my Pro Tools Audio Folder on my C: drive (not my Pro Tools Sessions Folder on my D: drive), since I have several folders for auditions, while work I do for a Local TV station would be 16/48 AIFF and set to save in the Audio Folder for them within my Pro Tools Audio Folder.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 05-16-2020, 02:44 PM

thanks, maybe that's what it is. My template bounced out to this location and its saved with that. I really have a love hate relationship with protools. Thanks for the reply
Old 11-23-2020, 05:55 AM

*bump

anyone else have any insight into this?

I bounce my mixes in pro tools and then export. When I'm jumping between mixes, it always start with the last place I exported to. Which would be the bounce folder of the previous mix I worked on. Would be ideal if avid would write into the code to save export destination into the session itself the last place it was bounced to, rather than globally within pro tools. Prevent navigating through session folders every time you go to export.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
...For example, Auditions would be 16/44.1 MP3...
Sometimes an audition gets upgraded/used. Send 24/48 wav.
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 11-23-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedresser83 View Post
...Would be ideal if avid would write into the code to save export destination into the session itself...
That would be cool!
Click for resume
Old 11-24-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
Sometimes an audition gets upgraded/used. Send 24/48 wav.
These are auditions for commercials, narration and e-learning primarily. While I don't watermark them normally, sending a full 24/48 file is never going to happen and is not asked for. Normally, once selected, there would be a session scheduled to record the actual project, with the final, approved script, and even then, sometimes scripts change as does the voice direction. In the over 20 years I've been doing auditions from home, and even those I've done in studios, and I've done thousands combined, not one has ever been used directly for the final project. I wish it was that easy
SonoBus
Old 11-24-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
...not one has ever been used directly for the final project...
(Apologies to the OP, this is way off topic...)

Certainly rare - but I've engineered audio-post sessions for national campaigns that ended up upgrading auditions.

More typically - agency creatives ask for 3 versions of a spot, with 3 different VO auds cut-in. The agency producer says "MP3s are fine since it's only to pick the VO". An MP3 bounce of an MP3 source=
Click for resume
Old 12-21-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
That would be cool!
This feature worked until the last update. I too have many different templates for VO clients and the saved bounce folder worked flawless until this last update, now everytime I bounce I have to go locate the folder. This is basic stuff and Avid should know better already that we all aren't recording just the latest hit music tracks... some of us use it for other things like dialogue, VO, Post production and so on. It's amazing that each update seems to make one the good and ruin basic things that should be a no brainer to keep. After 20 years+ of using Protools it's getting exhausting paying for stuff that way cheaper and more capable DAWs do now.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:59 AM

The 2020.11 Bounce Dialogue now has 5 Presets that will save the bit/sample/format of the bounce and the location.
SonoBus