Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Recorded MIDI drums (Abbey Road) - file is still there when re-opened but won't play

Hey folks,

New member and quite new to Pro Tools/Midi.

I'm using Abbey Road drums on Pro Tools 8 LE with an MBox Mini 2 (or 3, i can't remember).

So i've got everything sounding good for a drum track, entered all the changes/fills/bits for a whole song. I then proceed to add all the other instruments to the song and everything's sounding cool after a few hours.

Save and close Pro Tools.

Open up Pro Tools the next morning, wait for all the inserts to load (which includes the Kontact player needed to use Abbey Road drums) and while the MIDI drum file is still there as i left it, i can't get it to make a sound at all. And the keyboard used to play the drums the day before won't trigger the drums.

I can click the mouse on the Virtual Drums on the screen and trigger them individually so there's sound coming in - i just can't get that track to play what i did the day before.

The track i used to record them was an Instrument track. I had also (just before i packed up the previous day) began to work on a synth part on a 2nd Instrument track. The keys would trigger the synth when that track was activated but not the (when activated) drum track.

After messing around for a while, i exported the MIDI drum part to an external hard drive and imported it back into the session so there was 2 drum tracks and THEN the drums would work as i recorded them but only if both tracks were used. If I lowered the volume of either one the part would disappear.

So then i saved, closed and opened it again and was back to square one (no sound for drums), only with two drum tracks that can't be heard....

Sorry for the long-winded message, and i'm sure it's something simple i'm neglecting to do, but any help would be most appreciated!