Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-06-2009, 10:33 AM

Default pro tools 7.3 won't launch

I tried to install a plug-in which didn't work (I think) and know I can't launch pro tools..It says: Required software extensions are missing. Click on the OK button and you will be transferred to the PACE website where an installer can be downloaded".

This website says that MAC OS 10.5 might not be enough to solve the problem, and it doesn't solve the problem so WHAT SHOULD I DO!??
I hate computers and I'm such an idiot..
Anyone a clue?

Thanx
Marcel Hulst (Amsterdam)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM

Default Re: pro tools 7.3 won't launch

I tried to install a plug-in which didn't work (I think) and know I can't launch pro tools..It says: Required software extensions are missing. Click on the OK button and you will be transferred to the PACE website where an installer can be downloaded".

This website says that MAC OS 10.5 might not be enough to solve the problem, and it doesn't solve the problem so WHAT SHOULD I DO!??
Anyone a clue?

Thanx
Marcel Hulst (Amsterdam)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfish1 View Post

Anyone a clue?

Thanx
Marcel Hulst (Amsterdam)
Hi,

You should either download and install the pace software so you have the latest pace interlock drivers installed needed for the plugin you installed or remove the plugin from the plugins folder system drive/library/app support/digidesign/plugins. then try booting up PT

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:04 PM

Or perhaps whatever plug-in you installed downgraded(?)your current pace/interlock drivers,so PT wont launch....
Any way you should follow Chris suggestion,and then see if the plug needs to be removed
You probably use MacOSX 10.4...
http://www.paceap.com/extensions/macextsx.dmg