Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Default What\'s different about the Massivepack 4 versions?

Been reading these threads about the limited versions of the MC2000, A10, and N12 plug-ins in the Massive Pack 4. But...

So what exactly is so limited about them? No one ever mentions what the difference is.

I just ordered the Massive Pack 4 with full knowledge of these limited versions (haven't received it yet), luckily I didn't order it for those plugins.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Default Re: What\'s different about the Massivepack 4 versions?

Details on the MassivePack 4 can be found here:
www.digidesign.com/massivepack

with additional details here:
http://www.digidesign.com/products/d...roduct_id=4682
Old 09-13-2005, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the links. But these are the only differences???

*MC2000 included with MassivePack 4 is TDM-only and does not contain RTAS versions. Contact McDSP for upgrade information.

***The URS A10 and N12 plug-ins included with MassivePack 4 do not support Audio Units or VST. In addition, the iLok license for the A10 and N12 plug-ins cannot be transferred to another iLok. Contact URS for upgrade and license transfer information.

What are "Audio Units"?

I think that VST is a plugin format, but I could be wrong.

So if I understand this correctly, (I'm a PT noob), there is no functionality difference between the plug-ins, just "where they run" differences and transfer differences?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:41 AM

Quote:
What are "Audio Units"?

logic audio format
Old 09-14-2005, 07:11 AM

The problem is that Massive pack versions use special installers - not the full normal ones. THe massive pack versions are not likely to be updated by McDSP or URS. This means you are stuck at the release version. So if in the future PT or OS version these plugs stop working / get broken or need updating you will have to pay $195 to mcDSP and a varitey of upgrade cost choices with URS. So there is a barb in the hook of this sweet deal.

Another way to say it : The current functionaltiy is as advertised, BUT there is no guarantee that they will be updated or work with future versions of PT. Beware.

BTW - the MP4 is a great deal regardless of this trap IMHO. Digi don't need to do anything other than guarantee that the versions released with it will be compatable for a decent period of time onto the future, and that upgrades will always be available and not sunset (time limited like by 12/31/05)

Ainslie