Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2023, 07:46 PM

Default Pro Tools, PCIOP aka "Teradici"..... and Windows

Has anyone been able to make this work with the Asio4all?

We've been having issues that we put aside for a few months but I'd like to revisit it. Can't get audio out of the system properly. it's like a high pitched noise, nothing workable.

Rig is set up to an MTRXII.
From my understanding it is not possible, unless you did a hardware loopback or even software loopback, which.. would cause latency issues.
Curious is anyone has gotten full remote workflows to work with windows.

We're close to just swapping the machine to a mac with audio bridge and aux i/o which I believe would solve the issue, correct?

Also, I know there are other options out there, but this is a corporate environment and we're sort of pigeon held to PCIOP due to security reasons.

Lastly.. This is for Audio Post, so recording is irrelevant.

Sourcing the communities to see if anyone has had any success with remote workflows and PC.
THANKS!
Old 10-19-2023, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools, PCIOP aka "Teradici"..... and Windows

Why would you use ASIO4ALL with a MTRX II? It's not likely to run well under load regardless of anything else like trying to also run remote display/audio.

Maybe if you started at the beginning and explained what you are trying to do and why.

I'm not sure you'll find many folks in post or anything else running remote display environments. Which might be telling you something.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Why would you use ASIO4ALL with a MTRX II? It's not likely to run well under load regardless of anything else like trying to also run remote display/audio.

Maybe if you started at the beginning and explained what you are trying to do and why.

I'm not sure you'll find many folks in post or anything else running remote display environments. Which might be telling you something.
Post video editors and graphics sometimes run remote with Teradici. Since lockdown. Uses network/corporate resources without physically taking anything out of house.
Old 10-23-2023, 01:13 PM

I'm running PCoIP on one PT machine for being able to dial in for quick playouts/fixes from remote.

Won't be of much help though since we're running it on a Mac Studio.

Works OK for that, not ready for real mixing though. (lack of Eucon-support and latency between GUI/playhead and audio being the main issues).

Don't really get your workflow though.
You select the Teradici Virtual Audio Device as Playback Engine, no need for AuxIO etc..
Old 10-26-2023, 07:29 AM

That's via a mac studio though, correct?
I feel that may be the solution.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post

Of course not many people are running it, because it's not ideal at all, ha.
The desire is to be able to quickly remote in and re-print stems, prep a session, and possibly do a quick fix on say one piece of audio that doesn't require a near zero latency issue since it won't be sync'ed to anything.

It's not a replacement to the studio, just an added help in a tough situation and no one is in the room.
Old 11-10-2023, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zWombat View Post
That's via a mac studio though, correct?
I feel that may be the solution.
Yes, that's via a Mac Studio.