Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2023, 08:56 AM

Default Exponential Stratus 3-D and Symphony 3-D to Apple Silicon

Here is a letter I just sent to my contacts at Izotope/ Native-Instruments :
"I understand that you have multiple companies that you oversee. There are priorities that are made by you for items that need attention .
Since I personally have invested a great deal of time and effort myself in assisting on the Exponential Reverbs becoming the true standard for Immersive Mixing and the fact that I personally have campaigned to my peers on what incredible plugins they are for Sonics and efficiency and rock solid reliability , it troubles me greatly that after all this time that has gone by since Apple brought us Silicon that us users are still without the ability to use these key reverbs now .
Izotope has been loosing respect among my peers as they feel forgotten by this new team at Native- Instruments . This is truly a shame.
Please show us that you do indeed care by prioritizing the update for Status 3-D and Symphony 3-D to Apple Silicon capable the sooner the better .
This will go a long way by ensuring us users that we have your support and that indeed we are a priority! "
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.

Last edited by dr sound; 11-02-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Exponential Stratus 3-D and Symphony 3-D to Apple Silicone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr sound View Post
Here is a letter I just sent to my contacts at Izotope/ Native-Instruments :
"I understand that you have multiple companies that you oversee. There are priorities that are made by you for items that need attention .
Since I personally have invested a great deal of time and effort myself in assisting on the Exponential Reverbs becoming the true standard for Immersive Mixing and the fact that I personally have campaigned to my peers on what incredible plugins they are for Sonics and efficiency and rock solid reliability , it troubles me greatly that after all this time that has gone by since Apple brought us Silicone that us users are still without the ability to use these key reverbs now .
Izotope has been loosing respect among my peers as they feel forgotten by this new team at Native- Instruments . This is truly a shame.
Please show us that you do indeed care by prioritizing the update for Status 3-D and Symphony 3-D to Apple Silicone capable the sooner the better .
This will go a long way by ensuring us users that we have your support and that indeed we are a priority! "

Hello Marti my friend!

I posted this a few days ago when on a couple of weeks off. Heard back right away from my AR person. Here goes!

OK Here is the latest from my AR person at Izotope/ Native Instruments as of this am in an email I got after inquiring about something else.

"Hi Gregory,
There may still be compatibility issues with the latest Macs and the Exponential stuff. I know the teams have been working nonstop on it, but it may still be a couple weeks before it's done. They told me end of September would be the absolute latest."

Not sure if that refers to M2 or M1's though. At least it's a step forward on the Exponential answer. I finally had time to reach out.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 09-08-2023, 11:51 AM

Apple will only be using silicone when they introduce the long-awaited Virtual Reality Spatial iBoob-Job later this year.
You'll know it's released when large congregations of teenagers are seen wandering the streets wearing VR Goggles engaged in a certain activity discouraged by the Catholic Church.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:57 AM

The above may mean they are waiting for release candidate (final beta) of next macOS until they release.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr sound View Post
Here is a letter I just sent to my contacts at Izotope/ Native-Instruments..."
Well said - I hope they're listening!

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 09-11-2023, 11:02 AM

Apple to discontinue silicone :
https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/10...e-accessories/
Old 09-11-2023, 11:22 AM

Well well well, the best off topic ever
Old 10-03-2023, 07:31 AM

It’s SILICON, not silicone.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:50 AM

Silicone is the gummy material used in phone covers and such, silicon is what is used for microchips.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Silicone is the gummy material used in phone covers and such, silicon is what is used for microchips.
He’s referring to the thread title.