Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 08:13 AM

Default OT.. No PTHD for me now, definitely broke...

Hi all, well for now my going HD aspiration is on hold. I just bought my 16 year old daughter a car. Some may ask but why "that" car? 'Cause this ole boy grew up poor and was raised by his grandparents, along with my 2 sisters, while they struggled to make ends meet. I'll not have that happen to my one and only child. Now she has a reliable car to take to college in a couple years.

I'll post pics on my site soon. It's pearl white and it has a V8 engine so she can go v-rooom,v-rooom!

Behold
Old 08-22-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: OT.. No PTHD for me now, definitely broke...

Geez!!

Will you adopt me ?

"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" :: Bob Dylan
¯
Old 08-22-2004, 10:00 AM

kieth some advice ( although Im young and have no kids )

maybe getting your daughter a lesser car will she was in school would build character and integrity .

I know that if I didnt have a Hoop D when I was in college Id probably never think twice about the mercedes

I take for granted ( just an example not actually true ) just a thought
Old 08-22-2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Hi all, well for now my going HD aspiration is on hold. I just bought my 16 year old daughter a car. Some may ask but why "that" car? 'Cause this ole boy grew up poor and was raised by his grandparents, along with my 2 sisters, while they struggled to make ends meet. I'll not have that happen to my one and only child. Now she has a reliable car to take to college in a couple years.

I'll post pics on my site soon. It's pearl white and it has a V8 engine so she can go v-rooom,v-rooom!

Behold
Thats a sweet car , good job keith .
Old 08-22-2004, 12:06 PM

Quote:
kieth some advice ( although Im young and have no kids )

maybe getting your daughter a lesser car will she was in school would build character and integrity .

I know that if I didnt have a Hoop D when I was in college Id probably never think twice about the mercedes

I take for granted ( just an example not actually true ) just a thought

Thank you for the advice, this purchase yesterday was something that I had to ponder over for some time... never the less what is done is done. She is out showing it off to friends now I imagine as she got off work an hour ago, yes we still make her work and expect straight A's.
As far as her integrity, she is friends with all people, more so the middle class which is what we are and the poor. She will go out of her way for the less fortunate, she has a kind heart like her mother. I advise her to steer away from those that think they are better than the rest and she does because she doesn't want people to see her as a snob like they view others in her class that have no time for the "little people".

OK, she just left me a message in the message center. She went by to pick up her friend and they went to Wal- Mart, but now she is on her way home. You have no idea how overjoyed this makes me feel.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:22 PM

Keith,

I think it is way cool that you bought her a new car....especially of that caliber. I just hope she has much better luck with her car then i did with my car in college. No garage and parking in the street resulted in 4 hit and runs while i was parked. Of course i went to the University of Alabama and most of those occured during weekend football games probly by drunk driving fans.

None the less sweet car.

Christian
Old 08-22-2004, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I think it is way cool that you bought her a new car....especially of that caliber. I just hope she has much better luck with her car then i did with my car in college. No garage and parking in the street resulted in 4 hit and runs while i was parked. Of course i went to the University of Alabama and most of those occured during weekend football games probly by drunk driving fans.

Hmmmm... never thought of that, thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:36 PM

keith, that's really nice of you! awesome car, im sure your daughter is exstatic to have such a smooth ride...hopefully all will go well with it!

ev
Old 08-22-2004, 03:27 PM

2 pics posted on my site, go to Personal Pictures and scroll to the bottom.

Here
Old 08-22-2004, 05:13 PM

I have a 2000 GS400 that we bought new ... and the car still drives perfectly and still has that "new" feel even after 51000 miles. Reliable, comforable, quiet, powerful, good handling ... just a great car! My son is 12 going on 13 and I think he is going to inherit the GS when he turns 16 if he still wants it. We bought my daughter a New Beetle for her first car -- another nice driving car btw.

I had a 1979 Chevy Chevette 4 door with a luggage rack on top for my first car. 0-60 in 5.2 miles -- if at all. It was the worst car in the world, but I would submit that driving a beater for your first car does not build character -- God, parents, books, travel, and good friends build character.

I now drive a MB SL500 and have a WHOLE LOT of character

CrossFire Studios