Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Default Snow Leopard

Hey guys. I'm getting a new Macbook Pro pretty soon, but I can't afford it right now. When I am able to afford it, it'll probably come with the new OS. How long do you guys think it'll be until Digi releases an update to PT8?

I can imagine it will be fairly long, since they are probably coding for 64 bit compatibility, but how long is long in terms of Digi? Does anyone have any insider info on this, or are we all in the dark 'til Digi's next press release?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Snow Leopard

//With digi it's always the dark ages as far as knowing when is what they don/t have leaks like apple does of course it's a smaller scale!! cs4 should be soon before snow september of course and then the same thing over again for the next one!!

ps:wait till you buy an apple laptop right now there/s tons of really good news for there next laptops it will be the new official bomb (apple's quality)!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:30 PM

I do hope Digi WILL make PT 64-bit... since many of my friends working as engineers are very doubtful... >"< They said something about making PT 64-bit meant programming PT from scratch... will cross my fingers... >0<
Old 08-16-2009, 05:00 AM

haha

You're having a laugh aren't you? Avid can't even get pt 8 to work on Leopard let alone Snow Leopard.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoolsuserman View Post
haha

You're having a laugh aren't you? Avid can't even get pt 8 to work on Leopard let alone Snow Leopard.

...well this is news to me.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_hyy View Post
I do hope Digi WILL make PT 64-bit... since many of my friends working as engineers are very doubtful... >"< They said something about making PT 64-bit meant programming PT from scratch... will cross my fingers... >0<
LOL, as a software engineer I doubt that very much...
95% of converting a program from 32 to 64-bit is a recompile (if the program code is conforming to the programming language standards ofcourse)
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderrocker View Post
Hey guys. I'm getting a new Macbook Pro pretty soon, but I can't afford it right now. When I am able to afford it, it'll probably come with the new OS. How long do you guys think it'll be until Digi releases an update to PT8?

I can imagine it will be fairly long, since they are probably coding for 64 bit compatibility, but how long is long in terms of Digi? Does anyone have any insider info on this, or are we all in the dark 'til Digi's next press release?
Read This announcement. It is already supported.

-D
Old 08-16-2009, 06:07 PM

That announcement doesn't say SL is already supported. It says Digi is working to ensure compatibility as soon as possible.
Pro Tools Carbon
Old 08-16-2009, 06:09 PM

David:
Right, I just 'jumped' into the compatibility camp when I read September 2009. Sorry!! I guess I just got excited.
-D
Old 08-16-2009, 08:16 PM

Let's just hope it happens a hell of a lot faster than it did with 10.5. I can't remember exactly, but wasn't it something like 10 months between Leopard's release and PT 7.4 compatibility? Man, that was frustrating.