Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Plugins Folder? ( removing plugins )

Where Can I go to disable or remove plugins?

When loading a song that i've been working on for a few hours, pro tools gets stuck on loading the EQIII plugin. I had opened the session earlier with the plugin. I would like to just remove the plugin. ( then pro tools would just say that the plugin is inactive because It couldn't be found...right?) Also, the latest backup session file, Is nowhere near where I was last.

thanks for your help.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Plugins Folder? ( removing plugins )

I created a folder called "Plug-Ins (Unused)" in
C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE

and from there i move my plugins between C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
and C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins (Unused).

This way i have a fast loading time of PT for tracking purpose and just to record a quick idea or whatever.
When mixing and needing all my plugins i just move all the RTAS again in the original folder.

Maybe not the best solution but the one i found for my purpose. You can also automatize this process with a batch file.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:28 AM

hey that's a good idea. thanks for the help.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:48 AM

There is actually an unused folder that already exists in Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Plug-Ins (Unused)

Move them there.

If you have been using recent versions of Pro Tools then you will find your plugin folder here: Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Plug-Ins

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit