Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-26-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Audio files dissappear when using header finder...

I posted a few days ago about my audio playing back faster after recording through the s/pdif from another board. i was told to use rails app "header finder" to fix the sync problem. When I do the files dissappear off my hard drive! Am I doing it wrong or is there another way to convert the files back to 44.1/16? i tried "save session copy in"...Would really like a solution since I deleted the original zip disks after recording to pro tools. luckily I didn't bounce in my best stuff! Rail?

Shawn
Old 08-26-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Audio files dissappear when using header finder...

Quote:
I posted a few days ago about my audio playing back faster after recording through the s/pdif from another board. i was told to use rails app "header finder" to fix the sync problem. When I do the files dissappear off my hard drive! Am I doing it wrong or is there another way to convert the files back to 44.1/16? i tried "save session copy in"...Would really like a solution since I deleted the original zip disks after recording to pro tools. luckily I didn't bounce in my best stuff! Rail?

Shawn
I'm confused too... explain what you're doing exactly.. and when do the files 'dissapear'?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 PM

hey rail...what happens is this: I run the app and change headers as I should I think? Do I change all 4 or just sample rate and bit? Anyways, after it is done I go in to my session to open the files and they are blank noise! even the back-up files are that way. ???
Old 08-26-2005, 08:32 PM

You shouldn't change the resolution.. just the sample rate.

So the files aren't disappearing... the format you've changed in the header doesn't match the audio data in the sound file.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 PM

Thanks, I'll try that and see....
Old 08-26-2005, 08:39 PM

I did that and it still says,"some of the files cannot be found, would you like to re-link?" I do that and 2 files came up but the vocal was gone...the files that came up were still too fast...???