Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 AM

Default Error Loading Cloud Project

Hi all, currently I need help on my new Project on Pro Tools | First, as I can't open my project as shown in the attachment (Error: Could not complete your request because No such file or directory (2) while opening "0038.ptpx".). What should I do about it? Thanks a lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 9.39.02 PM.jpg (26.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Error Loading Cloud Project

I am not sure what is going on here. If you search your computer can you find that file? Do you have read permission on it? Pro Tools First worked OK before this? Any changes made to the computer? You probably should start an Avid Support case.

---

You are unfortunately staring at one of the largest issues with Pro Tools First: The inability to open/save standard Pro Tools sessions including so you can save backups independent of Avid Cloud storage. Even if Pro Tools First was rock-solid this should still be a concern, but the demonstrated flakiness of Pro Tools First makes this very concerning. If you need a low-cost DAW there are many other choices out there, GarageBand, Reaper, etc. that are more reliable and do not lock you into proprietary closed cloud storage.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the community.

Perhaps you can answer a few questions...
  1. What version of Pro Tools First?
  2. What OS version?
  3. What were the last few steps prior to closing this Project?
  4. Did you get any notice about storage limitations prior to saving/closing the Project?
  5. What are the permission settings for /Users/*username*/Documents/Pro Tools/Project Cache and the folder within?
Thanks!
Old 07-05-2016, 04:02 PM

Hi Darryl and Jeffro, thanks for your reply, here are the answers:
  1. Pro Tools | First version is 12.3.1
  2. OS Version is OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
  3. I just applying LPF on some of Vocal Tracks, Save the Project, Export the Wav, and Close it. It should be closed as usual although failed uploading the project, I always able to reopen the project through Local Cache.
  4. No I think, and I just bought this Mac and has 445.71 GB free storage
  5. Read and Write for my user.
Please find attached some screenshot of these questions. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:56 PM

The storage question was about your Avid Cloud account (not your computer) which shows you have maxed out your available storage with this project. Needed to reset your password to test/investigate so will reply via support case when we have more info. (Please reset it if you need to get back in sooner.)
Old 07-07-2016, 08:49 AM

I think I don't need to open support ticket as I just found a solution, I believe it somehow didn't save properly, when I check the Project Cache, I tried to open the package content and I found there is no such file. So I just take the latest saved file and rename it to the missing file and it works like charm!
Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 AM

I am having the exact same issue:

Could not complete your request because No such file or directory (2) while opening "0015.ptpx".

The trick with the chache file did not work for me. Any ideas? Under deadline - help!

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 09-15-2016 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Support Case 03036812.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:20 PM

I have the same problem, I closed Pro tools|First and as always it collapsed. It has never given me problems when re opening. I didnt get a memory message I just had two tracks and I've been working on this one for months and today I was supposed to finish it ! I reset my password with no changes, folder permissions are ok I can write and read them! Please I need help