Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2017, 04:43 AM

Default Beatles Sargent Peppers - Live

Stumbled across this today on you tube .. https://youtu.be/0kj1jJrbTQU

I usually cringe at cover bands , but this was very good to watch IMO. its a Dutch band called ' The Analogues' (that i have never heard of) and they are very skilfully performing the Beatles sgt peppers LP live on stage ...., featuring sitars, orchestras, mellotrons, the works ...,

..., but the difference here from the usual copycat bands - even further than the authentic instrumentation .., is this Band has nailed the songs and the instrument tones and also the studio FX very closely or exactly like the Beatles original recorded studio sgt peppers LP ..., an entertaining and interesting watch.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 11-23-2017 at 05:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Beatles Sargent Peppers - Live

Interesting - it's always near to impossible to get the voices to sound similar to the original, but at least they were in tune!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 11-24-2017, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Stumbled across this today on you tube .. https://youtu.be/0kj1jJrbTQU

I usually cringe at cover bands , but this was very good to watch IMO. its a Dutch band called ' The Analogues' (that i have never heard of) and they are very skilfully performing the Beatles sgt peppers LP live on stage ...., featuring sitars, orchestras, mellotrons, the works ...,

..., but the difference here from the usual copycat bands - even further than the authentic instrumentation .., is this Band has nailed the songs and the instrument tones and also the studio FX very closely or exactly like the Beatles original recorded studio sgt peppers LP ..., an entertaining and interesting watch.
Thanks for posting this. Pretty darn good I say and a heck of a lot better than so-called tribute bands I've seen on TV and the net. A lot of time & effort had to have gone into this and I applaud them for the effort put forth.

QAPLA!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
Interesting - it's always near to impossible to get the voices to sound similar to the original, but at least they were in tune!
You are right about it being impossible to match the voice. The guy playing the keyboard gets closer on a few songs , but without trying the full mimicking caper.

I actually give these guys credit for not trying to mimic the Beatles band members voices , but only the tone nuances of the instrumentation as their aim was to re-capture the sounds of a legendary recorded LP record , and not mimmic a Beatles performance .

There were no Sgt Pepper marching band uniforms, Beatle Suits , or cheesy copycat haircuts here, just a performance that comes as close as you can get to the record sound of the Sgt Peppers LP by using time specific authentic instruments (and lots of skill).
As music Man commented , a lot of work went into that show , for sure
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's