Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Screen Freeze - Plug-ins periodically become 'corrupted'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave911 View Post
A while back in the thread you said you had no crashes with all plugins removed from the plugin folder.
If it is a NI plugin then you should be able to remove just the NI plugins from the plugin folder.

Could still be something related to NI like increased disk activity from loading samples, etc.
Thanks, Dave. I plan on doing that... I had noticed that the crashes would happen even if my NI VIs were inactive in a session - it seems that even having transient master or solid mix series active was enough to crash my system. I'm not true what it is... I never had this problem with NI AAX64 plugins. Maybe something's up with their AAX32 coding?

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Screen Freeze - Plug-ins periodically become 'corrupted'

hi there- i realize this is a couple months after the fact. but i'm going through something very similar. and i have similarly tried many, many things to troubleshoot.

i also thought that my problem was due to Komplete Ultimate 9, and probably Battery specifically. then i also saw problems in sessions w/o Battery, but w/ Guitar Rig or Kontakt.

i think i may have hit on something just now- someone on a Gearslutz thread recommended to remove all the NI Solid Mix plugins. i've moved them all to the "unused" folder (and also the DBX 160, 1176, and LA2A and EQ plugs just to be sure).

since doing that, i have not yet been able to reproduce the crashes, and (knock on wood!) all seems stable.

maybe worth trying on your end? best of luck!