Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2018, 07:21 PM

Default Re: (custom) Region playback Head-start/end settings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
That does sound like it's not supposed to.
Can't really hear anything at the start, but the end is obvious.

Are you using bounce realtime or offline, or recording to track? Using send?

Oh, and never mind Jack. He has his ways. I've learned to live with that.

One of the good things about the DUC is it's grown to be a forum with a lot of different characters, with personalities, who has learned to tolerate eachothers different idiosyncrasies... Oh forget it.
I couldn't hear the CLICK@the start either untill I took out the CLICK@the end(on vtm).

Tried realtime & offline, no difference.
I am bussing to another track(but that track is empty in terms of plugins). I haven't tried without buss. Honestly I tried so much.....I lost myself in the mist of it all. I'm half dead ATM , will try it first thing tommorow. Also haven't tried recording to track but will do in the morning.

Do you have any of my Tape plugins? And if so, could you be so kind to run the "bd_clean" through them? (All presets are defaults)

Regarding Jack; haha lol! Thanks for the Kudos! Cracked me up! Ppl like that make me tick!)
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak.sigma View Post
Hmm. Can I ask are your specs exactly like mine? pT11.2.2, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6?? On Mac builtIn audio, not running 3rd party audio interface?

Any chance you could be so kind to test with Slate VTM, the reelBus, kramerTape or reelADT? I don't have softube tape. Do t really want to get it.(little bandwidth on my mobile connection as is), im up high in the mountains))
I've tested now with Tape, McDSP AC202 and Soundtoys Decapitator (Analog Saturation Modeler - just for good measure). I don't get any clicking at all.

In case you can't view my signature, here are my specs:

Pro Tools|HDX 12.7.1 | Avid HD I/O (8x8x8) | 6-core 3.33 Westmere w/24GB RAM | OS 10.12.3
Old 02-24-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak.sigma View Post
Hmm. Can I ask are your specs exactly like mine? pT11.2.2, MacOS Sierra 10.12.6?? On Mac builtIn audio, not running 3rd party audio interface?

snippage here

Hopp back in your Box Jack, will ya?
Nobody is wrong, sometimes ppl might be incorrect.
Why are you so adomant on being Wright? Have you come to my castle and tested my system?
Your tone an structure of words is quite debilitating for your own self.
I really don't like negative ppl like you. Why don't you just hit the bricks B? Will ya?)
I don't have to test your system to find at least one major problem and that is you're trying to run PT11.2.2 (which is not even the latest version) on a non-compatible OSX version. The last supported OSX for your {PT version was OSX 10.9.4 which is three versions before Sierra. Try again with a supported configuration and see what happens.

Personal insults ignored.

QAPLA!
Old 02-25-2018, 05:41 AM

So I just downloaded your files and yes you're right, they ALL have a slight click.

I tested it myself with the dry file and inserted VTM. Same thing on my end.

The interesting thing, at least with VTM, is that the audio seems to be ever so slightly delayed and the polarity is flipped. I have no idea why this is happening.

I had a quick thought that the delay could have been some by product of Wow & Flutter being on, but I set that to zero and the rendered file still exhibits the same issue. VERY weird. Also, the exact same thing happens if you use Audiosuite to process the file.

Whilst I can't offer a solution, I can indeed confirm the results you're getting.