Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Pro tools cant upgrade pcie cards. (aae-1167)

Better file a support case with Avid first thing, and/or find a desktop during the weekend for the card update. If you are in a hurry you want to remove the chassis out of the equation to get the card(s) updated
Old 07-30-2020, 06:22 PM

I just remembered I had the tb3 upgrade card and if my memory serves me I had to go back to the original tb2 card to do the update. I just ended up keeping the tb2 card in there after and never went back.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:46 AM

Hi there. Thanks for the answer! Okay, here we are after 2 intense days trying to figure this problem out. Here’s what we did and how we solved it.. so the problem started when we moved to a new iMac. Suddenly the HDX needed an upgrade. We accepted the upgrade and Pro Tools crashed. All. The. Time. So we started to troubleshoot this problem by first, changing the Chassi input to another input on our iMac, then reinstalling Pro Tools, upgrading it manually through Digibeta, downloaded the HDX drivers a couple of times, trying Pro Tools on another Mac that was working on a version that was below the current version that we had on our iMac, then changing the slots on our Chassi, upgrading Pro Tools on the secondary machine (MBP that was running 2019.12), and nothing worked. At all. Then we tried once again for the last time, thinking that we will give up. Suddenly, the secondary machine upgraded the HDX cards. WOW. Finally. After 48 hours. Then we exchanged the iLok to our mainly computer and connected the Thunderbolt and voila. It worked. We don’t know how, just good karma. �� . This is our story. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:44 AM

Just a regular story of trouble updating HDX firmware on external chassis