Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 08-21-2019, 08:27 AM

Default Where are the installation instructions for MTRX firmware update?

Where are the installation instructions for MTRX firmware update 2.3.0.1?
Old 08-21-2019, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Where are the installation instructions for MTRX firmware update?

It's pretty simple.
In DADman, go to Settings > Device List

Find the unit you want to upgrade in the center section and click on it
Right click on it now and choose the last option "Firmware Update"
Select "File"
Point to new firmware

Then follow the onscreen instructions. (it will ask to reboot itself and you click yes)

If you have the Dante module, that is done separately with its own program (found in the Brooklyn ReleaseII firmware download)
Old 08-21-2019, 11:10 AM

Thanks! Also found it at:

http://www.digitalaudio.dk
Old 02-02-2023, 06:45 PM

I'm going nuts!

I updated the MTRX firmware, but not I can't find the update tool for the Dante firmware. Looked all over the audinate site...
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
www.TheToolshedStudio.com
Certified for Dolby Atmos Home Entertainment
Old 02-02-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucienpalmer View Post
I'm going nuts!

I updated the MTRX firmware, but not I can't find the update tool for the Dante firmware. Looked all over the audinate site...
Hey man, I think it's in the Dante Controller itself. After you have the file in there. Launch the tab that says Dante Updater and click on that icon I believe. It should open if I remember and it shows you all of your Dante Devices. I think it's there.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-02-2023, 07:11 PM

Yeah, I see that in the updater, but the update device button on the bottom right is greyed out and it say to contact manufacturer.

I remember in the past we had a firmware loader app for the Dante card firmware.
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
Old 02-02-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I see that in the updater, but the update device button on the bottom right is greyed out and it say to contact manufacturer.

I remember in the past we had a firmware loader app for the Dante card firmware.

Q do you need the update? Jeff Komar told me it was not necessary, but that was a while ago. It is a silly way to update this thing. I did mine a couple of years ago, so I just can't remember what I did as I was setting up a ton of things at one time. Avid needs to be more instructional on a lot of these things, LIKE posted when there is an update for MTRX. I think there was like 2 firmware updates for the MTRX in the span of a month or two and I only got info when I just randomly went and checked my account for something and discovered them.
Audtinate is up here in Portland and I have a connect there, so I'll see what I can find out tomorrow, but email. them and their support seems to ge on it quickly.
https://www.audinate.com/contact/support

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.5, DP 11.3, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-02-2023, 07:36 PM

The only reason I'm bothering to update is because Audinate tech support was trying to help me get DVS working with the built in 10Gb port on the 2019/2020 MacPro. Back when I bought it, it wasn't supported, so I've been using a 1Gb adapter, but I'd like to not use that anymore (for various reasons).

Audinate tech support wouldn't help unless I was running the latest version of everything Dante-related. I'll just ask them tomorrow about the b Brooklyn II update.
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
Old 02-03-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
The only reason I'm bothering to update is because Audinate tech support was trying to help me get DVS working with the built in 10Gb port on the 2019/2020 MacPro. Back when I bought it, it wasn't supported, so I've been using a 1Gb adapter, but I'd like to not use that anymore (for various reasons).

Audinate tech support wouldn't help unless I was running the latest version of everything Dante-related. I'll just ask them tomorrow about the b Brooklyn II update.
That is interesting to me because I am in the same boat and after chatting with them about the same thing since I needed to update to a much better, faster Ethernet Hub. The on that Audinate btw HAD been recommending, is fine, but there are many newer ones and Audinate or my contact there said that any managed hub is just fine which are many, but said I should just find one that is not crazy expensive just because it's newer. I opted for the 10 port hub since my needs are not that large, but also have a brand new Mac Studio and have been having real issue with the older Ubiquity Unify Switch 8, which is not even Avid approved, but it was all I could get my hands on during the Covid debacle. I was in the process of upgrading my room back in 2021 to ATMO and had jsut purchased an MTRX system and everything is running fine, but now realize with the new Mac Studio I need better speed and a couple of colleagues said they think this new port should definitely help. I also hear there is Brooklyn III eminent when I did the Dante Controller update also? Not sure what that means either. I will send them a support email as well, but I guess I need to update the Brooklyn II as well. Adding attachment in Dante Controlle Update that shows the upcoming Brooklyn III device type hardware.
G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DanteControllerUpate.jpg (42.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by gives; 02-03-2023 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added attachment
Old 02-03-2023, 09:31 AM

Just to be clear, technically he just told me to update Dante Controller to the most recent version. I decided to update the rest, just in case they come back again with "I still can't help you unless you update".

He did say being on Caltalina was fine, although not officially in the supported OS list anymore.
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD