Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Default Having Trouble Bouncing - Please Help - Urgent

Hello,

This is my first post here and I apologize it has to be one of this kind. I'm having trouble bouncing my final song. It plays perfectly fine but the bounced file is distorted. I tried exporting to different formats, in different ways, through BUS outputs, etc. As the temporary Wav's were being converted I copied them and noticed they are distorted, so it is not in the conversion process. I tried bouncing to mono, same result.

I've also tried resetting my 002R and my computer a few times.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am using Pro Tools 6.9 on Windows XP Pro
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Having Trouble Bouncing - Please Help - Urgent

are you bouncing out of analog 1-2 output, normal way for most, 16 bit 44.1k stereo interleaved?????????

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-12-2006, 10:40 PM

Yes, that's it. And I just reinstalled Pro Tools. Same issue.
It's occuring on previous projects as well which I've bounced successfully in the past. Last successful bounce was earlier today.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 PM

This is weird. When I export the file and play it through my computer's sound card the distortion can be heard, but if I import it back into PT it plays perfectly. Maybe I've just gotten used to the Digi clarity..but still, I don't remember there being such a substantial difference in the past. :?
Old 06-12-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
As the temporary Wav's were being converted I copied them and noticed they are distorted, so it is not in the conversion process.
could you clear this up, i dont understand.

obviously you have done this before, so dont know what it could be, how distorted is it? just a bit or what?? double check everything again,analog 1-2, bwf,stereo interleaved,16 bit, 44.1k. recommend convert after bounce selection. what are you playing it back on to check it. seems like it has to be in your pro tools session and your not hearing it. what sample and bit rate is the session, are you applying dither? some of this is unrelated but might as well check it all out.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-12-2006, 11:14 PM

Yes I'm using the convert After Bounce option. What happens is when you use that PT creates 2 intermediary mono Wav's in the directory that you're bouncing to, which after you're done recording interleaves to a stereo file. I'm not using dither. 16 bit, 44.1khz. I'm playing it back on my Laptop's sound card, and I think the problem is just that it doesn't handle bass very well. The distortion is just in the bass.. I'll have a closer listen.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:26 PM

I added a master fader and it's peaking crazy. None of my individual tracks are. Wow. I'll make some changes and report
Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 AM

if you sum a bunch of tracks that are relatively close to full-scale....you'll clip the master. clipping the master is no good, and would certainly explain what you've been hearing.

simple solution: drop the master fader.

better solution: peak limiter on the master fader. ceiling set to -0.2 or so.

jon