Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
and they do not intentionally cripple them in software after that.
That's exactly what they've done in PT 11, Bob. They crippled them "in software" by omitting the drivers.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarbutn View Post
That's exactly what they've done in PT 11, Bob. They crippled them "in software" by omitting the drivers.
And they claim that they haven't intentionally crippled it!

I'm just far more inclined to believe the people who actually know what's under the hood than the endless conspiracy theories about the Evil Avid.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
And they claim that they haven't intentionally crippled it!

I'm just far more inclined to believe the people who actually know what's under the hood than the endless conspiracy theories about the Evil Avid.
Haha you missed a Rage Against The Machine quote right there
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarbutn View Post
to a independent thinker , its impossible to believe anything else.
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released. That,s a major part of why I'm so pissed off.
Like they didn't know. I bought HDX with everybody saying just because it isn't supported it doesn't mean it wont work. Now half those people are mods practically begging to shut the thread down. Ill admit they probably didn't know so I can not be to upset at them.
Its not the money we spent that upsets us, its the feeling of betrayal when the company we help support forgot we mattered.

I used to love ProTools and Avid with every word I spoke.
Now I feel just plain used and forgotten

Last edited by wuzup; 09-19-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzup View Post
to a independent thinker , its impossible to believe anything else.
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released. That,s a major part of why I'm so pissed off.
Like they didn't know. I bought HDX with everybody saying just because it isn't supported it doesn't mean it wont work. Now half those people are mods practically begging to shut the thread down. Ill admit they probably didn't know so I can not be to upset at them.
Its not the money we spent that upsets us, its the feeling of betrayal when the company we help support forgot we mattered.

I used to love ProTools and Avid with every word I spoke.
Now I feel just plain used and forgotten
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released.

The Control 24's EOL was announced over five years ago, to be effective 12/31/2013. Pro Tools 11 was released on June 21, 2013. And the Control 24 works just as well as it always has with PT 10.

So, a Control 24 owner still has everything they had on June 20, 2013.

"Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean it won't work." That doesn't mean, "It will work", it means "You're welcome to take a gamble, but if you lose, you lose."

You gambled, you lost. So, you're just going to have to live with it...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
But you gotta like how the Control 24 didn't get EOL until a few days or hours before PT11 was released.

The Control 24's EOL was announced over five years ago, to be effective 12/31/2013. Pro Tools 11 was released on June 21, 2013. And the Control 24 works just as well as it always has with PT 10.

So, a Control 24 owner still has everything they had on June 20, 2013.

"Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean it won't work." That doesn't mean, "It will work", it means "You're welcome to take a gamble, but if you lose, you lose."

You gambled, you lost. So, you're just going to have to live with it...
That is true I can not argue that. If I like it or not that is my situation. I suppose I will have to accept and move forward on this topic.
Although I do honest believe it would be good for us all if Avid found a way to make these products work in future PT releases.
Complaining really is the North American way of getting things done but for the Control24 I don't believe it will ever happen.
I guess its just time to move on to newer things and that's never a bad thing
Old 09-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzup View Post
but for the Control24 I don't believe it will ever happen.
I knew it wasn't going to happen around post 700

Old 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM

I've asked other companies about this driver issue and I definitely think this is not a technical reason. The most interesting thing is what the engineers from a company replied about the implementation of their products with Pro Tools 11:

"The module has always used HUI to communicate with ProTools. There is no other way we can do this. The HUI data is just sent over an ethernet cable rather than a MIDI or USB cable."

So the Control 24 can use the HUI protocol over its ethernet connection. Maybe this could help to make a driver?

Last edited by Brahamnesik; 09-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahamnesik View Post
I've asked other companies about this driver issue
- The most interesting thing is what the engineers from ...... replied about the implementation of their products with Pro Tools 11:
Names have been changed to protect the innocent - there's a reason that they say this

Also avid might not take too kindly to somebody actually having success with this driver FYI

I don't know how much I would actually try to make public except obviously to the users and owners of these desks

Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Names have been changed to protect the innocent - there's a reason that they say this

Also avid might not take too kindly to somebody actually having success with this driver FYI

I don't know how much I would actually try to make public except obviously to the users and owners of these desks
I've deleted the name of the company, could you do the same in your quote please? Thank you.