Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 AM

Default Bounced .wav file doesn\'t work properly

Well gday all you Pro Tools pro's out there. Recently bought myself an MBox2 factory and I'm still learning the ropes. As it is, recording is a new thing for me. So far I've come up with a few problems, but I will mention the first one that has got me stumped. I have had a bit of a search through the DUC and the answer either hasn't been delt with or its just plain eluding me.

After I bounce to disk as a .wav file, when I go to open the file using Windows Media Player I get this error msg,

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. One or more codecs required to play the file could not be found"

I downloaded the latst codec etc but that didnt work. I tired encoding the file to another type but none of the programs I normaly use will read it either. The closest I've gottn is bouncing it to an .aif file and it has worked with Quick Time but thats as far as my little adventure has gotten so far. Can anyone shed some light on my first Post?

Daniel
Old 05-09-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Bounced .wav file doesn\'t work properly

when you bouce to .wav is it 16 bit joint stereo? If its any other sample rate Media player cannot cope.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Bounced .wav file doesn\'t work properly *DELETED*

Post deleted by RadioMoo
Old 05-10-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Bounced .wav file doesn\'t work properly

Oh derr!!! Yeah that fixed my problem. So simple, so obvious. It didn't even occur to me that the sample rate was set to 24 bit. Thanks fellas and anyone else who would have helped me as well. Talk to use again soon.
Daniel