Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: WHEN IS 7.3cs2 going to be released?

Quote:
thanks Joe...that thread talks about 7.2 i am on 7.3.1 ...

i am not seeing that problem here at all. my PT behavior must be different. i definitely do not use Punch.

Hi Tom,

The thread started as 7.2 but on that page, it gets mentioned about it happening in 7.3.1 as well.

Unfortunately, I've had to jump back down from 7.3.1 to 7.1cs6.
I've posted about it in more detail in this thread.

Here

Turns to 7.3.1 about half way down.
I use quickpunch constantly.

Sure miss the new features in 7.3.1 though

Joe

Protools 2023.6
Old 02-22-2007, 07:55 PM

thanks agin joe.

i'll be sure not to use punch!

i never use it, i just select my spot and pre-roll letting the talent know where we are starting : often 2 before as is common. regardless, it should be fixed.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM

how ridiculous to crawl up theblasters a_ _

that's the wrong crawling space.

digi please.

use some older seasoned beta testers who can really romp the software before giving it to professionals.

what happened today . . . well let's see

i was doing a destructive RTD (record to disk) mix and when the 2nd verse hit the files started looping on themselves and an eventual quit ensued...
this raises a lot of questions and keeps me from an attitude of gratitude.. . .

was it the rain we had today?...who do i blame.?.. my G4 non approved quicksilver?

who pays the freight on the loss of time?
i guess me? i'm afraid to down grade to HD3 with my new G5 cuz the sessions i have in production and my mixes might holler out of DSP on me....i have to take a little more time to experiement
but i have my drives ready and i'm getting closer.

7.2 7 point shchmooo....who is to say that a 7.2 wouldn't have a bunch of new quirks.

i sincerely want to applaud digi from deep in my heart. the heart..that place where God lives...

digi....who have changed the history of recording

but that corporate mentality of having your user base and your beta testers is sooooo lame.

give back a little please....you have soaked many of us...kept many of us from taking vacation like you guys are the first to take . . .why cuz we have to pay for all of this stuff constantly.

and yes we make decent dough but it is as if you know much we make so you can take just a big enough piece to keep us in shackles.

and that just ain't right.

how many of the guys to stick up for digi every time someone gripes got the software for free?

i have quite a few friends who did.

jeremy did you actually pay for 7.3?

i guess it's ok if you did cuz you are sooooo happy with it!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:06 PM

It would be nice to get an answer to Jeremy's question.
Are you using PT 7? It's a simple question.
If not, then you really don't have anything to complain about.

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: WHEN IS 7.3cs2 going to be released? *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by dr sound
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Marti,

Before this thread jumped the shark, my rant was only about theblasters and his/her frequent "protools 7.x sucks, and when is the next cs version coming... and Digi sucks, and we are all beta sites..."

His/her history on the DUC tells us that theblasters is running a version of 6.7 something. Nothing wrong with that, but my POINT is that if you're not running the current version, you don't have a voice to bitch about cs versions. In my opinion, if you want to bitch about our elected officials, you better have voted. In this case, our friends at Digi are busting their butts to make this better and in my opinion, only constructive criticism need apply. theblasters has yet to post anything constructive.

Tony was referring to my post asking theblasters what version of PT they were running.

I don't discount ANY of the issues many of us have been having. I've been having a few issues and I have posted in the appropriate threads. And when asked by the product manager to send files, I did.

And to Jimmy -- you inferred that some people got protools for free. Well, that wouldn't be me. I have paid for every version at full price. No deals for me (except Alto Music prices).

MY POINT in this rant is that we can either bitch about this, or try to help each other. I see LESS AND LESS "engineering" going on. The technical writing skills of so many DUC posters is pathetic. And I am not speaking of non-English native writing or speaking -- I am talking about the lack of technical skills among so many so-called "mixers".

Ok, nobody wants to write out beta reports. BUT if you are going to use bleeding edge technology, you basically are jumping in... many, many people are still using 7.1;

As others have said, there are SO MANY variables working here, unless we help each other with constructive technical reports, issues will never be resolved. I am now off-topic. I still want to know yes/no: theblasters: are you using PT 7.x TDM (any version) - yes or no?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Tony,
Jimmy has this on his website:
http://www.jimmyhunter.com/
and this list of equipment:
http://www.jimmyhunter.com/production-studio-specs.html
dude please

tony knows who i am and where i live

i have 7.3.1

i'm using it

i just got the new equipment on my site and i'm not using it yet because i'm not sure my mixes can be supported by HD3 yet....ya dig?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM

Dude,
I dig. Cool!
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0401937/
Like everything in life, there are no guarantees just opportunities.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM

jeremy said

Quote:

MY POINT in this rant is that we can either bitch about this, or try to help each other. I see LESS AND LESS "engineering" going on. The technical writing skills of so many DUC posters is pathetic. And I am not speaking of non-English native writing or speaking -- I am talking about the lack of technical skills among so many so-called "mixers".

Ok, nobody wants to write out beta reports. BUT if you are going to use bleeding edge technology, you basically are jumping in... many, many people are still using 7.1;
i maintain that theblasters has a point

he's doing the reading and he doesn't want to embrace the learning curve before he sees and and READS more funtionality from this forum (the whole function of this forum) before he invests and changes over....theblasters can cetainly afford it.

this is not a pro engineering site....musicians like me who have been forced to become engineers later in our careers for various resaons are in here as well and to point the finger at what you think you observe from a seeming haughty place only leave 3 fingahz pointing back at you. i may not put "engineer" in my job description in my mind but i have been engineering every day for over 20 years with various people in varied levels of talent....over 3000 songs...certainly i have no degree or paper to confirm whatever skills i personally have aquired but . . you get the picture.

whether theblasters has 7.3.1 is not the topic here..it is the hijacked turn in the middle of the thread in IMHO irrelevant.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 AM

Bingo