Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Buzzing During Playback

Hello all, I just bought my MBox and have loaded ProTools into my computer without a hitch. I am running off XP and have a question. I get a clear signal through the monitors when recording but when I playback the sound it is all distorted. The signal has not redlined, my latency settings are low, I am not using a preamp or a stereo but am directly connected to the MBox with a guitar. My sample rate is 44.1kHz and the bit depth is 24 bits. Last night, I had to switch the bit depth to 16 bits in order to get a clean playback signal. Is there something else I should look into to record at 24 bits? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Avid

Default Re: Buzzing During Playback

Please provide specific information about your computer - processor type, chipset model, attached peripherals, etc.

The noise issue you're describing is usually related to not having Service Pack 1 installed - is that possibly the case?
Old 07-28-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Buzzing During Playback

I am running at 730 megs, with a Pentium III processor, 512 SRAM and 9 gigs. This computer was never used for any other type of program except for ProTools. It was specifically saved until I had bought the MBox and Pro Tools program. I do not have it connected to the internet so I do not believe I have SP1 installed. I suppose that I can dl it from Microsoft to a disc from a different computer and run the disc into it to see if that is the problem. Thanks for helping.