Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Default Instrument plugin not showing in Pro Tools - Plogue Chipsounds

Hello all. I would appreciate some guidance concerning an issue I have been working with the last few hours. I have recently downloaded Plogue's Chipsounds plugin for demo purposes and tried to get the RTAS plugin working in Pro Tools 8.0.3. So far no luck. The plugin file is in the correct folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins) and I made sure the RTAS version was installed. It is not a plugin issue as I can load the vst version in Cubase and I have feedback from Plogue saying many others have working installs in Pro Tools.

Unfortunately I cannot get the instrument to show in Pro Tools and after several days of email back and forth with Plogue they basically told me they couldn't do anything about it because they don't know why I have the problem. Does anyone have any advice or have any of you worked through a similar situation?

Is there a way to direct Pro Tools to look at specific plugin files. I have reinstalled the plugin several times and also did the Pro Tools preference dump. As I said, the vst works in Cubase and the stand-alone works well. Help would be appreciated.