Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2023, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools is clipping only in new sessions

I was at least hoping for raw audio bounce file to examine, or even better a session, not a YouTube video. I've been suggesting very specific troubleshooting things for you to try (none of which was downgrade to Pro Tools 10), since you don't seem to want to do them I am going to leave you to sort this out yourself.
Old 12-25-2023, 11:05 AM

I just tried reaper again and it is also clippng in reaper, the ftake id id before was too short to really measure.

the tracks are clipping in reaper and pro tools. what does thsi mean?

I think its a driver issue. There has to be a way to fix it. I dont think there's something wrong with my eleven rack.

Let's review.

When I play guitar into the elven rack without recording, it sounds fine.

WHen I am recording woth the eleven rakc, it sounds fine.

WHen I play the track back after recording, this is where we have a problem
Old 12-25-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I was at least hoping for raw audio bounce file to examine, or even better a session, not a YouTube video. I've been suggesting very specific troubleshooting things for you to try (none of which was downgrade to Pro Tools 10), since you don't seem to want to do them I am going to leave you to sort this out yourself.

it IS an audio bounce i just put it up on youtube.
Old 12-25-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waff View Post
it IS an audio bounce i just put it up on youtube.

I just listened to a track from january and turned off the drums

The last track i listened to I couldnt hear it clipping maybe it was just my ears.

But listening to a track from over a year ago - it is clipping as well.

So basically everything is clipping now - even old tracks from january 2023 which were fine before.

Why is everything ruined? There has to be a solution to this!!

https://postimg.cc/jLbdzys5

IF i listen to the RAW TRACK from the folder, in vlc and not through pro toools, it DOESNT CLIP. This is without bouncing it.

it only clips when played back IN PRO TOOLS OR REPAER WITH THE AUDIO INTERFACE. but if i listen to ther aw track as is, in vlc through windows, it doesn't clip. At least, the track I just made, did not clip.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:46 PM

SOLVED

It's the output of my headphones.

My dad brought over some headphones of his own to test it and with the headphone she rbought, the tracks were no longer clipping

It was the output on the headphones that was too high.

Now it's fine. Darryl thankyou for everything.

edit:

Some tracks are still clipping. this means that the tone of the guitar is too high as well.

so the lessons are:

Change my tone, and change my headphones.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:14 PM

Great you got this sorted.

I know you've been using all this by just plugging in the Eleven Rack and stuff largely just works for you -- which is great and I think reflects especially well on the design of the Eleven Rack -- a really nice guitar processor (I have three )

I'd encourage you to spend some time learning more about Pro Tools, signal flow, metering etc. Some of that would likely have helped you here. Just trying out some of the free tutorials on YouTube is a great place to start.

And if you are not yet set up to reamp it is definitely worth trying to learn how to do that, makes the Eleven Rack a whole lot more useful... and you can also use the Avid Guitar effects and Eleven plugins to do the same processing entirely as plugins in Pro Tools (but not other DAWs since those plugins are AAX only).
Old 12-27-2023, 03:40 PM

Darryl. It's not AS BAD.

(edit_

There's a pair of eadhphones where it deosn't crackle. That means that the frequency where the crackle starts is muted/doesnt sound off on those headphones.

ive been playing around with it for some time. I've been playing wiht my tone, the graphic eq, and other parts of eleven rack to make my tone sound more smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwBL...iTwvf&index=80

This recording is from january and whats REALLY intersting is, if you listen to it, there is some crackling in the cecording.

i never notied this before

Eleven rack didn't just stop working. It has always been this way.
I played with my tone to make the clipping not as bad.

Thet hing is, if you listen to like, any professional recording, you will hear some clicks nad pops sometimes. I've been noticing it more as my ear has become more acustomed to it.

It is part of recording. I have learned to live with it.