Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2019, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Presonus Quantum 2 + Monitoring Latency - Solution here?

To be simple and to the point on this:

LLM does not work if your audio interface doesn't have hardware monitoring. LLM requires that of your hardware.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 02-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

LLM does not work if your audio interface doesn't have hardware monitoring. LLM requires that of your hardware.
Gah. Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Well, at least the info and clarification is now in this thread, easy to find etc for the next person in my situation...
Monterey 12.6.1
Presonus Quantum 2 (Thunderbolt)
Old 02-02-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post

And to further confuse the matter, even some interfaces that do have hardware monitoring, don’t necessarily work with LLM.

Unfortunately it’s not as simple as that, but as BScout mentioned, it’s definitely not going to work without on board HW monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj7 View Post
LLM + PT 12+ Quantum question aside (surely there's at least a fix for this?)

At this thread below I have noted that some folks have found cheap mixers just to monitor directly with:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopi...dd0de8eca6e2ae

So it might not be cost prohibitive. My question on that is - how would you hook up this gear purely to monitor with no latency and control the level of your backing track, without compromising the other functionality of the Quantum? ie would you need to take up valuable line input real estate? (ie I am using all 8 of mine, it's perfectly set up for my purposes... I don't want to lose any of those).... I also don't want to double up on preamps as I am using my own...

That may be a dumb question but honestly it's obviously pretty dumb that a) the Quantum doesn't have hardware monitoring, sh__ itself when using LLM and I guess I was dumb for presuming it would have at least the functioning of a firewire interface from 2010... heh!
Got an example for you about this 'no hardware monitoring/play through' business. MOTU in it's interfaces that use their AVB system dropped hardware monitoring which was in their older interfaces. It still exists in some of their current interfaces but not their new 'high end' stuff. It's for idiocy like this I keep an old Mackie Onyx 1220 mixer around.

QAPLA!
Old 01-03-2020, 12:19 PM

I am a little confused .. does buffersize depends on computer specs? I have an Late 2015 Imac with some sata disc .. I put 24 GB Ram total in it, and has always been recording fairly VI heavy stuff with a buffersize at 64 or as now with my ind.mbox 3, 32 in Pro Tools and 16 in Studio One .. Im a tech braindead.. am I missing something?
Old 01-03-2020, 02:45 PM

If you can run at 32 buffer in Pro Tools I will sell my whole big studio and get an old iMac and an Mbox3 like you. Buffer side has nothing to do with Ram memory.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————