How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2011, 04:47 AM

Default Markers, tracks and other random questions

Hi All,

I have a couple of queries that i cant find answers to anywhere obvious on the DUC.

Firstly, I want to add markers in the timeline during record and playback but im using the wireless keyboard that came with my imac so i dont have a numeric keypad. What is the keyboard shortcut for this?

Secondly, I have created a good template for my sessions, colour coded labelled etc. I have set them up to send to a headphone mix and want to know if i can set it so that when i need to create a new track it loads up with my sends?

Thirdly,I know there are 'comments' squares on the tracks but I would like to make more in-depth notes whilst tracking and mixing. Is there a scribble/note pad in PT9? i found an old discussion in the LE forum about a lyric sheet but its not really the thing im after.

And lastly, Im using 9.01 and ive noticed there is a glitch in the comments box's on the tracks. When i type something in i cant see it untill i hit return and come out of typing in the square. Is this fixed in later versions?

Thanks as always!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:18 AM

Lightbulb Re: Markers, tracks and other random questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam83 View Post
Firstly, I want to add markers in the timeline during record and playback but im using the wireless keyboard that came with my imac so i dont have a numeric keypad. What is the keyboard shortcut for this?
The keyboard shortcut is the enter key. If your return key has the word enter printed on it, try shift+return.

Quote:
Secondly, I have created a good template for my sessions, colour coded labelled etc. I have set them up to send to a headphone mix and want to know if i can set it so that when i need to create a new track it loads up with my sends?
You can set the default level for sends (-inf or 0dB), but I don't think you can set a track to automatically have a particular send assignment. Would option-dragging an existing send to the new track work for you?
Quote:
Thirdly,I know there are 'comments' squares on the tracks but I would like to make more in-depth notes whilst tracking and mixing. Is there a scribble/note pad in PT9? i found an old discussion in the LE forum about a lyric sheet but its not really the thing im after.
No.

Quote:
And lastly, Im using 9.01 and ive noticed there is a glitch in the comments box's on the tracks. When i type something in i cant see it untill i hit return and come out of typing in the square. Is this fixed in later versions?
I have not noticed this in v9.0.3, but I don't know if it was officially fixed.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Markers, tracks and other random questions

To add a marker/memory location, try the "fn" key and Return.
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music