How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-27-2014, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Native Instruments Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Cheers ...,Its really good to hear other opinions on N.I and their favorite sounds and how they like to add them to their workflow and creativity

Thee sure is many things possible with some of these included N.I - V.Is , ive watched the Mac pro series on Kontact and Monark , I will have to look at all the others now . Those videos were really helpful too , so much more to deeply understand when you see it being done rather than read about it from a description (sometimes vague) in a manual

PS - Im not sure why N.I cancelled their B4II (B3 emulation) as Ive read so far , a lot of people complimenting it .

I recommend you guy try out the UVI retro Organs, its a large library with no emulations , just really well recorded (real) samples of various settings with different mics , that are recorded either di'ed and with different amps and leslies etc .
Ive found IMHO I get better satisfaction from having fewer sound overall , but all sound real and wholesome , than having a million emulations that are not quite there.
I havent heard NI, B4II , but the AVID organ , I cant even stand to listen to anymore after the UVI retro organ ,
With their new Hammond organ instrument it's actually a sampled organ; the original B4 and B4II were synthesized based on the math of a real B3. As a result of that the original B3 was a smoother instrument when changing drawbars; you could also have different tunings instead of A=440 Hz. You had the effects, if you wanted, of different wear and tear on a B3 that you can't get in the new Hammond instrument. The new instrument is too static sounding. It sounds too perfect and real B3's weren't. I know - I've played many in my time.

QAPLA!