How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Re: PT12 and advertised features

in all fairness the Avid website says "COMING SOON"
they just don't define what the word soon means ...
Old 08-12-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchwood Studios View Post
in all fairness the Avid website says "COMING SOON"
they just don't define what the word soon means ...
Not all of their advertising material does, and neither did the sites before and during release. If you have a look at some of my earlier posts, I linked to Wayback machine and a video direct from avid where they certainly do not say coming soon. Changing advertisement for a product after you have released it and taken peoples money on a promise of said features does not absolve them of their failure to deliver on promised features.

Like I said, the only issue to me is if it's not released before my support plan expires, because then technically, they didn't deliver on a promised feature, and that in any way you swing it, is false advertisement.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:47 PM

They didn't deliver after 3 months as they told people to get on the support plan for the features. They know nobody will use the support because the support only covers very narrow computer set ups and software combinations that and most people can figure out their own issues before the 2 day call back thing. If I was down for 2 days it would destroy my schedules.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:04 AM

Shift - just one thing you should check: I'm not entirely sure the 'AVID Store' is actually run by AVID. I have a feeling that in Europe at least it's a third party running the AVID store on their behalf.

I raise this only because you need to verify who you're dealing with and who your contract of sale is with - it may be with Arvato Systems rather than with Avid.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post
Shift - just one thing you should check: I'm not entirely sure the 'AVID Store' is actually run by AVID. I have a feeling that in Europe at least it's a third party running the AVID store on their behalf.

I raise this only because you need to verify who you're dealing with and who your contract of sale is with - it may be with Arvato Systems rather than with Avid.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...arvato-Systems
Old 08-13-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerman View Post

All I will have to do if needed is point the ACCC to the website I purchased it at.

But I do understand, it's the actual person who took my money that they deal with. Easy enough to find out going back through bank statements. :)
Old 08-14-2015, 07:38 AM

Curious as to how this pans out. They wouldn't budge on a refund even after spending days of dialog with support and being unable to run PT12 (on a system that runs PT10/11 and the rest of the usual suspects).

Opening a case with the Better Business Bureau here in the states.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 AM

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your anticipation of the forthcoming Pro Tools features and are as excited as you about these updates . Over the next few months you'll see a number of new releases and announcements for Pro Tools—some that we've already discussed, and others that will be a surprise. Each of these release are an integral part of the bigger vision for Pro Tools 12 and we are dedicated to delivering it.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cariddi View Post
Hi everyone,

We appreciate your anticipation of the forthcoming Pro Tools features and are as excited as you about these updates . Over the next few months you'll see a number of new releases and announcements for Pro Tools—some that we've already discussed, and others that will be a surprise. Each of these release are an integral part of the bigger vision for Pro Tools 12 and we are dedicated to delivering it.
Mr Tony
We have been waiting already too long...
However the last update was great....hope to see sooner feature updates
Old 08-14-2015, 08:11 AM

Hi Tony-

respectfully, i'm not into the corporate double-speak. no one is communicating anticipatory excitement here.

many people have legitimate concerns about their business, and about whether they'll be able to continue using PT as part of their business.

there's still no update on HD situations w/ lapsed support plans, except for a here-one-day-and-gone-the-next announcement (on Facebook, of all places!).

there are still a bunch of bugs that most of us imagined would be sorted by now.

and there's definitely a sense that Avid's not listening to its customer concerns. there have been surveys, customer groups w/ nice-sounding acronyms, etc, but not much in the way of real communication. there are good people from Avid who speak on the forum (Jeffro in particular has gone above and beyond), but that's not the same thing.

i repeat my worry that the fiduciary obligations of a publicly traded company to its shareholders may ultimately be incompatible with serving the pro audio market.