Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Stereo Mini Grand clip problem.

Hey guys. I need some advice on this one. I recorded a stereo mini grand track and there is one measure that for some reason,(?), plays back much louder than the rest! I've tried everything I know to balance it. Clip gain, etc, but nothing works. I even recorded over the measure with the level set to infinity and still the clip/measure plays back loud with nothing there??
This one really has me baffled. Any help? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Stereo Mini Grand clip problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
Hey guys. I need some advice on this one. I recorded a stereo mini grand track and there is one measure that for some reason,(?), plays back much louder than the rest! I've tried everything I know to balance it. Clip gain, etc, but nothing works. I even recorded over the measure with the level set to infinity and still the clip/measure plays back loud with nothing there??
hi terry, if you PM me your email, you can send me the track ONLY in a session .. do you know how to export that one track as a session ?? select the track / File menu / Export tracks as session .. then ZIP / compress the file so it does not get corrupted in email .. it will be small enough to email at this point .. and i will take a look and see if i can figure it out for you ..

if you would like me to take a look please do this ..

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure you did not inadvertently trigger the Midi volume lane ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 11-09-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Have you checked to make sure you did not inadvertently trigger the Midi volume lane ?
Was going to suggest that^^^ and set for Audio Volume view to see if you somehow have a volume boost(I know I have done this by accident). Alternately, is the same part played elsewhere in the song so you could do a little copy>paste>crossfade? If you have the midi still in the session, you could email me the session file(only) as those are small enough to fit in an email

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-09-2017, 01:42 PM

Hey albee and thanks. By MIDI VOLUME LANE I assume you are referring to the part of the track on the far left,(i.e.), where you name the track, in this case piano. I have broken the original midi track into mono left and mono right and made it audio tracks cause I want it to be just one mono track. I will attempt to do the e-mail to both you and John1192 but I don't know how to put it in a zip file so would it be ok to just export the 2bars since that's the only part I'm having trouble with? I'm going to say something dumb but it appears that there is a dead spot where this is occurring that wo'nt respond to any kind of correction level wise to make it fit in with the rest of the track! Waiting on how to create a zip file from this short portion of the track. Thanks guys.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Hey albee and thanks. By MIDI VOLUME LANE I assume you are referring to the part of the track on the far left,(i.e.), where you name the track, in this case piano. I have broken the original midi track into mono left and mono right and made it audio tracks cause I want it to be just one mono track. I will attempt to do the e-mail to both you and John1192 but I don't know how to put it in a zip file so would it be ok to just export the 2bars since that's the only part I'm having trouble with? I'm going to say something dumb but it appears that there is a dead spot where this is occurring that wo'nt respond to any kind of correction level wise to make it fit in with the rest of the track! Waiting on how to create a zip file from this short portion of the track. Thanks guys.
hi terry, we need your Pro Tools Session with the tracks in question ... not just 2 bars .. we need to investigate whats going on ..

in Pro Tools select the tracks (sounds like you have 2 tracks that are giving you trouble) then go to the file menu / choose export / export tracks as session .. save to your desktop (or somewhere easy to find) then you can email this .. we can try without Zipping the file and see what happens ..

if you are on a mac .. naviagate to the Session File you just made and Right Click (or Control Click) and choose to Compress !!! this will make a Zip file you can email .. if on a PC we will need some help from a PC person .. Help !!

and i cannot remember if you are Mac or PC ???

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-09-2017, 04:31 PM

He is on PC. I know that 100% as I think he has a Guitardom built.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-09-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
He is on PC. I know that 100% as I think he has a Guitardom built.
hi Christopher, can you please help Terry create a Zip file of his session ?? and i suppose us Mac Types should know this info too !!!

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
hi Christopher, can you please help Terry create a Zip file of his session ?? and i suppose us Mac Types should know this info too !!!
Just right click on the file and choose add to zip. I never used a PC for music production but we have used it for Adobe stuff and it is the same basics as Mac. Add to zip and or compress to zip when right clicking on the taget file/s.

In this case I doubt he needs to do that adding another roadblock for him as the sessions audio w/o audio are mainly quite small.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-09-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Just right click on the file and choose add to zip. I never used a PC for music production but we have used it for Adobe stuff and it is the same basics as Mac. Add to zip and or compress to zip when right clicking on the taget file/s.

In this case I doubt he needs to do that adding another roadblock for him as the sessions audio w/o audio are mainly quite small.
not worried about size .. just the session passing through the nasty internet !!!

Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro