Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 PM

Default PT 8 HD DAE error -1091

Hello,

I'm an HD2 user with the apogee rosetta. I've been using pro tools 8 for about a month using my old athlon 64 system. Recently, I upgraded my system to the intel e8500 with duo core 2 processor with the asus P5Q motherboard. At first launch, opening one of my old sessions with the waves plugins, it was flying. Then the next day, I got the DAE error -1091 when it was trying to "Create DAE Objects"

I formated the HD, reinstalled windows, installed PT 8 and it worked fine. Next day, it did it again!

I uninstalled, re-installed MANY times and nothing. I deleted the DAE pref, all the digidesign databases on each drive, and nothing.

I do not want to install the millions of plugins I have and then have to format and reinstall windows to get this working again.

What is the fix to this?! I also have the CS1 update and no, it does not work!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 AM

Default Re: PT 8 HD DAE error -1091

I'm having the same issue here, trying to track down what's causing this. I'll post my finding once I have more info.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:22 AM

Ok, it turns out it was the RAM timings were causing this. They got changed somehow and caused the 1091 error. I went and set them to normal and that fixed it.

Note that "Auto" setting in BIOS never worked for me and I had to set the timings manually in order to get PT to run properly. Check you RAM manufacturer's recommendations and try those first. If those dont work, loosen them a bit and you should be good to go.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:14 AM

Hello,

I am having the same issue over here as well. All was well for about 2 months and have ongoing sessions in the works. Now when I launch ProTools I get ProTools DAE -1091 error when it gets to the point of "Creating DAE Objects".

DigiTechSupt - what does the -1091 error indicate? Where could the problem be and why would the system work at first and then start getting the error?

I've went through the Windows XP Troubleshooting thread when putting the machine together and alot of the machines or compatible hardware is discontinued. Windows users are forced to forage ahead and find new solutions. I've got a Mac but am alot more comfortable with Windows.

Rather than just re-directing to existing threads can you possibly shed some light on what that error message indicates? I've removed all my plugins, I've run the Tech Support Utility, and still I get the error.

To the original poster - Has the error come back at all? You mentioned RAM timings were the cause. Did you possibly find any third party solutions for this rather than using the system BIOS? I've looked and I can't find any timings in my BIOS, although I have seen those settings in many other Windows machines over the years.

Thanks to all who can help me.

Mixing:
ProTools HD 10|Native ~ Avid 96 IO ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-2 QUAD ~ Focusrite Liquid Mix ~ Mackie Control ~ 2 x Mackie Control Extenders

Tracking:
ProTools HD 10|HD1 ~ Lynx Aurora 16 ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-1e

Editing:
ProTools HD 10 ~ MacBook ~ Mac OS X Snow Leopard ~ 4 GB RAM
ProTools HD 10 ~ HP Laptop ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ 2 GB RAM
Old 06-05-2009, 09:31 AM

OK, I found out what the problem was:

I recently got BFD2 and in trying to load more samples in memory (I have 4 GB RAM) I used the tweak to increase the amount of memory that ProTools can access.

I added the /3GB /PAE switches to my boot.ini file. I must not have checked it immediately after or anything to see that it had in fact been the change that caused the -1091 error.

Once I removed the entries from boot.ini ProTools loaded fine. I would recommend anyone trying the /3GB /PAE switches in thier boot.ini file to test it before and after to make sure it works on your box.

FYI - I also tried a memory timing utility (MemSet 4.0) and loosened off the timings and it didn't help.

Mixing:
ProTools HD 10|Native ~ Avid 96 IO ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-2 QUAD ~ Focusrite Liquid Mix ~ Mackie Control ~ 2 x Mackie Control Extenders

Tracking:
ProTools HD 10|HD1 ~ Lynx Aurora 16 ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-1e

Editing:
ProTools HD 10 ~ MacBook ~ Mac OS X Snow Leopard ~ 4 GB RAM
ProTools HD 10 ~ HP Laptop ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ 2 GB RAM