Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Default Access Violation Error Occurred

Hi All,

Okay this has me stumped. I'm getting this error doing the following. Create an instrument track, instantiate GForce Oddity, then follow it with another plugin say a TDM comp... then I get the error. Same thing if I try to follow Oddity with an rtas plugin. Then if I remove the plugin it doesn't fix the problem as any plugin I now try to open up throws this error. The only way to fix it is to quit. This is driving me nuts... Anyone else had a similar problem or any suggestions on how to solve it.

My Setup..

Mac Dual 2.7, 6gig Ram, OS 10.4.11
HD3 + Process 96I/O
Pro Tools 7.4 cs5

PS. I just reinstalled Pro Tools...no luck same thing but now any virtual instrument I try to open gives me the message as soon as I try to instantiate it. eg. I just tried to open xpand and got the message.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Access Violation Error Occurred

Okay... just to update.

I failed to mention that I'm using a Novation Nocturn Controller. This has been working pretty much without any issues to date. Just as another option I removed all the Novation wrapped plugins, logged out and opened up a new session and everything seems to be working again, including Oddity. So I guess something went south at some point with one of the Novation wrapped plugins.

cheers

M.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:06 PM

I had a client call me recently having a problem with his Novation Remote SL crashing ProTools....supposedly the Novation AutoMap was causing this, you might want to try disconnecting that, un-installing it, and see if the problem goes away.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 AM

Thanks Brad. Yes it seems the automap wrapped plugins are causing the problem. When I remove the wrapped versions everything goes back to normal. As soon as I try to use the Nocturn again I get the access violation error occurred message again. I've sent an email to Novation so hopefully I'll have a solution, as it's a great little controller.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:19 PM

It must be a Leopard issue as I have my Remote SL61 connected to my MacBook, it's perfectly fine---but I'm on Tiger.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:06 PM

I'm just checking into this since getting the error with Stylus - you can't drg and drop midi into the session or onto the desktop.

there IS another stylus thread that has something to do about fixing permissions settings but I'm waiting still for a clear answer in that thread. I am getting a feeling this error is cropping up in a few places.

anyway. just want to track this thread. sorry it isn't applicable to your problem.

and BTW - there's not a lot in the answerbase.