Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 08-30-2019, 11:18 AM

Default McDSP site issues

Just got an email from McDSP about their Labor Day sale and amongst other things Futzbox and EC300 are on sale for $79. When I click on the 'buy now' button in the email a page comes up and then across the opt of the page is a windowlet saying:
Authentication Required
A username and password are being requested by http://www.retroplugins.com The site says "Restricted Area"
And it has a Cancel button and an OK button. If I hit Cancel it takes me to the product page. Thinking something is amiss in the email if I got to the McDsp straight from Firefox and navigate through to go to the product page for EC-300 I get the same message.

I'm a little shy about going through the purchase process with this happening. In the email there's a '?' where the product thumbnail would be. This usually means something is buggered at the website side.

Anybody else having issues?

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2019, 04:30 PM

Default Re: McDSP site issues

I updated a McDSP plug in today actually, Analog Channel. I surrender an ilok asset and got a new asset no issues.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 08-31-2019, 04:15 AM

Default Re: McDSP site issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d. finley View Post
I updated a McDSP plug in today actually, Analog Channel. I surrender an ilok asset and got a new asset no issues.
Thanks.
What are you using for a browser? Using Firefox 46.0.1 on OSX 10.6.8. If I try with Safari 5.1.1 the front page graphics are scrambled but I don't get the security business I mentioned previously. If I Google retroplugins.com there come up a bunch of stuff that shows ties to the McDsp site. I wonder if it's some kind of security thing that FF isn't handling right?

QAPLA!