Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Default axiom 25 and protools 7

I have been trying to figure out how to get my axiom 25 to register and play in pro tools. Im obviously new to this. I watched the pro tools method one video and read the axiom and pro tools help manuals but i still can not figure it out.

I installed the axiom 25 driver and created the instrument in pro tools midi setup. Im connected with a usb port and when your creating your instrument it asks for the in port and out port. If im using a usb connection what do Input?

My midi thru is enabled

I have sampletank setup, it will load but there are no instruments listed. i have all the files saved in c:\program files > common files > digidesign > DAE > Plug-ins but i think this is seperate problem from the original question i asked.

Any help would greatly appreciated

thanks,
john
Old 05-23-2006, 04:26 AM

Default Re: axiom 25 and protools 7

Quote:
If im using a usb connection what do Input?
If you have installed the axiom correctly, and it is recognized by Windows XP, it should show up in the list of MIDI inputs on either an Instrument track or a MIDI track. Instrument tracks have two sets of inputs; one for MIDI and one for Audio, and it has been a point of confusion lately; make sure you are selecting the right input parameter if using instrument tracks.
Quote:
I have sampletank setup, it will load but there are no instruments listed. i have all the files saved in c:\program files > common files > digidesign > DAE > Plug-ins but i think this is seperate problem from the original question i asked.
Yes, this is separate from the original question. You also never mentioned which version of Sampletank, which makes a difference in the answer a bit. If you're talking about the latest version of Sampletank 2 SE that comes with all new Pro Tools LE systems, The instrument files themselves should be installed to C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2 SE\ST2SEInstruments by default (called the "root" folder).
You shouldn't have to if you followed the default install, but you may also need to tell the plugin what that root folder for the instruments is. The Sampletank manual is installed with the plugin and is available from the start menu. Here is an excerpt from it about setting the root folder:
Quote:
The BROWSER list of folders and instruments reflects the same folders and
instruments organization of the hard disk folder where your sounds are
located. This folder is called the “root” folder and it’s location is stored in the
SampleTank® 2 PREFERENCES (which you can access and change by
clicking the PREF button)
Hope that helps.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 05-23-2006, 10:21 AM

thanks spkguitar.

I am using sampletank2.

Ok. So my axiom is showing up on my mix window and I am getting a signal but I have no sound. Im running studio monitors through my mbox2.

I had all sampletank files loaded to the default browser like the instructions said, and then loaded the instruments into program files > common files > digidesign > dae > plug-ins but sample tank wouldnt load error 7401 ( I think ), so I searched the IK website and it told me to load all the files into program files > common files > digidesign > dae > plug-ins. I did that and it sample tank loads now, but I dont have any instruments. I havent had a chance to try what you have previously suggested.

Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I havent had a chance to try what you have previously suggested.
You need to do that to load an instrument, and you need to load an instrument to hear any sound.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 05-23-2006, 11:08 AM

thanks spk Ill let you know how i goes
Old 05-24-2006, 11:42 AM

thanks spk. for all the help I finally got it working.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:29 AM

hey, boostedrsx,
how is that axiom25 working? I really have my mind set on getting one... I need drum pads, but not 16!
Thanks!
Dave Kutch