Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 02-17-2017, 06:29 PM

Default Coming back from absence-- can't launch Pro Tools 7.4 and Mbox2

Hi, Coming back after a long absence. Have Macbook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools LE7.4. First got message about missing extensions and downloaded and installed that file. Now on to halfway through opening Pro Tools getting the msg that it is unable to locate Digidesign hardware (my mBox2).

I remember I used to get this message even when my stuff was up to date, and that this used to be a combination of doing things in the right order. Tonight I restarted the program a number of times and then restarted the machine as well. Still nothing.

Guessing I will need to upgrade the program, but still hoping to just get it opened and plink around in the way I wish to. Thanks for any leads. Please let me know if I left off any needed info.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Coming back from absence-- can't launch Pro Tools 7.4 and Mbox2

Pro Tools 7 is a long way from being supported on Yosemite. You need to upgrade Pro Tools. Actually from Pro Tools 7LE you need to purchase a full Pro Tools license or subscription. The place to go to understand your options there is call up a Sweetwater sales rep, much less painful than trying to work it out yourself (purchase/subscription options got way more complex than they used to be).

In addition to the Pro Tools software you also need to ensure there is driver support for your interface on whatever OS you are using. Start here http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...Mbox-2-Drivers. So yep you will need a new interface as well.

"Help Us Help You" up the top of each DUC Web page has lots of useful info, including links to systems requirements.

Where is the system that used to run Pro Tools 7 LE? It should still be working fine... (the time to worry about this is before you upgrade those computers). If rolling back to an old OS X release is an option you may want to do that.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 PM

Hi Daryl, Thank you for the quick and detailed reply. Yeah, I was hoping I didn't have to buy the whole thing again and could at least get an upgrade. The old powerbook died. Guess I am starting from scratch. But really appreciate you taking the time. Peace.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 PM

Sorry... Darryl (spelling).