Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Default Loud Static Burst

I realize now that I posted a reply in the wrong section:

Sorry to bring back an old thread but this infamous noise just happened here today. WTH? I thought the M Audio Project Mix was going bad. Now the session that was opened where the sound has occurred will not sound to outs 1/2. I had to move them to outs 3/4. Every time I start this sessions, I get that burst on session load up and then, the outs are silent.

System:
Vista 64bit
M Audio Project Mix
M Powered 8.0.3

So roll back to 8.0.2?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Loud Static Burst

Fast Question: I am running 8.0.3.250. Is that 8.0.3cs2?
Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 PM

I just had the same problem. Open a session and I hear this digital burst. Then it will not play any audio back but only in that session. If I solo the tracks I can hear it.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear it man! It's frustrating for sure! I am downloading 8.0.3cs2. I am not sure if that is what I am running. I should know but don't. Version on right click says 8.0.0.250.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelaDMedia View Post
Sorry to hear it man! It's frustrating for sure! I am downloading 8.0.3cs2. I am not sure if that is what I am running. I should know but don't. Version on right click says 8.0.0.250.
It's very easy to tell what version you are using!

When you open Pro Tools... the dialog box that comes up with the progress bar... look right above where it says PRO TOOLS, it will tell you the exact version you are using.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-15-2010, 06:52 PM

You're correct. Can't believe I forgot about that. I was not using cs2 but I have update. Still burst. I guess the sessions is dead. I'll wait for my new Glyph and copy backup audio to it and start again.

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM

I should also make available the following information from DIGI/Avid (Sorry. DIGI will always be what I call it LOL)

Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.1 has been extensively evaluated on Microsoft s Vista 64-bit operating system by a select group of users in the Pro Tools community. To date, no major issues have been reported. While not officially supported, we believe customers can confidently use Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.1 with Microsoft s Vista 64 operating system.

Looks like I better go back to 8.0.1
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM

FYI, here's what seems to be happening.

I Changed all the i/o's to output to 3-4 and things were working then I hit one track and it all stopped again. Meters moving but nothing audible. Turns out that this track had Line 6 pod farm plug in instantiated. This plug in's authorization comes from the pedal board being connected via USB. For some reason instead of just disabling the plug in it blocked audio for the whole session somehow as long as the audio was being fed out the same outputs. Weird. I've launched sessions before without it being plugged in and instead have gotten a simple message or just heard the guitar clean. As soon as I switched the outputs of teh track with amp farnm to outs 3/4 or even clicked on the plugin it disabled all audio from3/4 as well.