Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2017, 04:54 PM

Default 12.8 loosing multiple buss routing on crash

I have a tone track that goes out to many buss's for printing to stems. I thought at first I made a mistake but then it happened multiple times. I have set it with, for example, 10 buss outputs. I saved it, renamed the session and eventually the session crashed. I re-open the session and the outputs are routed the way I first created the session. When I go back to the session file that I saved those 10 output buss's with it only has the "pre-crash" outputs. So not only is is not saving those outputs with the current session, but it's not saving that information in the previously named session. Very scary.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:34 AM

Default Re: 12.8 loosing multiple buss routing on crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I have a tone track that goes out to many buss's for printing to stems. I thought at first I made a mistake but then it happened multiple times. I have set it with, for example, 10 buss outputs. I saved it, renamed the session and eventually the session crashed. I re-open the session and the outputs are routed the way I first created the session. When I go back to the session file that I saved those 10 output buss's with it only has the "pre-crash" outputs. So not only is is not saving those outputs with the current session, but it's not saving that information in the previously named session. Very scary.
have you checked any of the pro tools Backups to see if the routing is fine ?? and a Quit Unexpectedly Crash will probably wipe a few things .. if you are able to Save the NEw Routing, then Close and restart PT is should hold ..

but the crashing is being caused by something else .. have you figured out what is causing that ??

is this a blank session you have your Tone Routing setup it ?? or part of a template ??

any more info you can provide for us ??

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 01-18-2018, 01:51 PM

Default Re: 12.8 loosing multiple buss routing on crash

I have a similar issue where PT 12.8.1 is not retaining a specific bus assignment. Similar situation, where I have my 2p routed to all my stem busses, but one of them, for some reason doesn't keep that routing when I quit. I'm having to re assign the 2p to a specific bus every time I launch, even if I set it for a session and save and quit, when I relaunch, it loses that bus routing. I've looked at my i/o and there isn't anything that seems conflicting. Please advise.

Thanks!