Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 05-27-2017, 04:12 PM

Default Pro Tools won't maximize after minimizing

When I minimize Pro Tools 12.7 HD Native to clear the screen to work on some other files, it won't open to full screen again. I need to right click on the task bar icon and choose my last session, which appears in a pop up menu, and then Pro Tools "relaunches" after a window asking me if I wish to save before opening a new session.

This seems to be a new issue. Shouldn't it just "maximize".? Any ideas?

EDIT: This keeps getting weirder. Now my keyboard (Ctrl+=) allows me to switch from Mix window to Edit window, but it won't switch back. Time to reboot the computer I think.

Media Man

Pro Tools 12.7 Native HD
Avid 192
Dell T-5610 dual Xeon, E5-2650 x 2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Last edited by Media Man; 05-27-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't maximize after minimizing

Works just fine for me in 12.7.1

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 05-29-2017, 08:07 AM

I have seen this in previous versions but it's working fine here as well(12.4 and all variants of 12.7).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-29-2017, 09:50 AM

Works fine after rebooting the computer. Must have been a ghost in the machine.

May be associated with opening another piece of audio software, although that one used a separate driver and audio interface.

Media Man
Old 01-30-2018, 10:03 AM

I had the same issue just now, with Pro Tools 12.6, then I found this: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...d-or-maximized

Amazingly enough, I had disk in my cd drive and removing the disk fix the issue. I gotta say I don't quite see the connection of how the media in cd/dvd-drive can block up maximizing of app
Old 03-11-2018, 01:47 PM

I’m having the same issue. started in 12.6. Still there in 12.7. I can of course reboot, but as soon as I minimize its back. I can hover over the tray icon and it appears as if it’s going to expand, but as soon as I click that image it goes back to minimize.
Custom PC Intel 7700K, 64Gb Corsair 2800, Windows 10 Home, Pro Tools HD 2018, Avid Pro Tools Native PCIe, Focusrite REDNET PCIe, Midas M32 w DANTE, Presonus RM32AI w DANTE, Focusrite Saffire 56, Digiman D8, Eureka, REDNET5, RED4Pre, iConnect MIDI4, Rockit 8’s, Yamaha 8’s, JBL 10in Sub,Big Knob, Presonus HP-60, Fender, Gibson, Collings, Martin guitars. Mesa MK V head, Mesa 1x12, 2x12 cabs, AXE-FX XL II, Fender Deluxe, Yamaha Motif XF8, Matrixbrute, Drumbrute, Sub 37, microKorg, Moog MF101/102/103
Old 01-08-2019, 02:05 PM

Holy crap! Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this... LOL! I installed PT on another computer for editing and ran into the min/max issue. Just happened... Found this... Opened CD drive and remove CD... PT can now maximize. Hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulkkinen View Post
I had the same issue just now, with Pro Tools 12.6, then I found this: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...d-or-maximized

Amazingly enough, I had disk in my cd drive and removing the disk fix the issue. I gotta say I don't quite see the connection of how the media in cd/dvd-drive can block up maximizing of app
Old 01-11-2019, 07:12 PM

One work-around is to navigate to your audio drive and try to open another session. That will bring up the option to save/don't save the session that is open(but minimized). At that point, you have a choice; save(or don't) and the open session will close and the next session will open, which should bring PT up again. Or cancel(instead of save) and your open session may still pop back up on the screen(this happens to me once in a while but I still have no idea what causes it)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quualudes View Post
Holy crap! Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this... LOL! I installed PT on another computer for editing and ran into the min/max issue. Just happened... Found this... Opened CD drive and remove CD... PT can now maximize. Hilarious
yep

http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/
http://www.weddingmusicproject.com/w...music-samples/
http://stevemillikan.com/

Old 11-13-2019, 11:04 PM

I have had this issue with PT12 for a while and could never figure it out. I've tried workarounds or even the CD tray trick to no avail. Once I held down CTRL and then double clicked the protools icon and it worked but only short lived!

I finally thought to myself, what if I launched Task Manager and try to force PT to maximize that way....well it worked! Launch Task Manager (you could type Task Manager in the search window) then under users, find Pro Tools, right click and then click on "Switch To" and then PT will suddenly appear maximized.